PDA

View Full Version : Red deer river fishing.

Hydro1
09-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone, used to be big into fishing about 5 years ago in British Columbia. Just starting to get back into it again. I will be camping/ fishing below the high water mark along the red deer river. I will be alomg the river fishing for most of the next couple days until sunday eveining. Will be somewhere south of highway 54 west of innisfail, all of the way down towards Dickson dam. If someone is fishing around that area and see a 21 year old male with a blue heeler. Come on by and say hello, I'm decent company. I will be fishing from shore. Hope to see someone out there. Have a good weekend, good luck fishing!

chriscosta
09-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Awesome man ..good luck

Hydro1
09-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Won't be near innisfail, will likely do a couple day trips around red deer instead. Dog attacked a skunk in the backyard last night, has some vision issues and burns in his mouth. If anyone wants to do a day trip near red deer let me know.

Darren N
09-12-2014, 11:46 AM
I just did a small Red Deer river trip and had some fun with goldeyes on the Little Red Deer River that's near by. Worth a look at as well.

Hydro1
09-12-2014, 06:49 PM
I have heard the little red deer river is far to small/shallow for typical cast and reel rod fishing and your only chance is using a fly rod... So is that true? Or as far from as it sounds.

fish gunner
09-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I have heard the little red deer river is far to small/shallow for typical cast and reel rod fishing and your only chance is using a fly rod... So is that true? Or as far from as it sounds.

The little red is fine for spining gear just stick to small spoons and spinners . Be ready to lose some tackle to the woods and the odd pike is all.