PDA

View Full Version : Whitefish Lake Video with Big Pike / Walleye

Brandonkop
09-12-2014, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfJvh8IGb0&feature=youtu.be

Whitefish lake is not too far from where we usually fish so I decided to head there after seeing some nice walleye on Instagram posted by a local. Careful though the water level is down and there are exposed rock islands and large boulders at the launch, stay trimmed up for at least 100-200 yards out. We headed across to a couple underwater islands and started trolling crankbaits. The first to go was a minnow pattern Rapala Tail Dancer. The fish fought long and hard and turned out to be a big northern pike. Not a bad fish for the first fish ever at a lake. Beginners luck I guess. Then we went on to catch some nice walleye as well on crankbaits and jigging a kastmaster. Get out there and try it out seems to be loaded with fish judging by my fish finder.

(This post compliments a previous one I made)

RigPig
09-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Awesome video Brandon. I always look forward to your posts. Great that you have the family along too.

Bushmonkey
09-12-2014, 10:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfJvh8IGb0&feature=youtu.be

Whitefish lake is not too far from where we usually fish so I decided to head there after seeing some nice walleye on Instagram posted by a local. Careful though the water level is down and there are exposed rock islands and large boulders at the launch, stay trimmed up for at least 100-200 yards out. We headed across to a couple underwater islands and started trolling crankbaits. The first to go was a minnow pattern Rapala Tail Dancer. The fish fought long and hard and turned out to be a big northern pike. Not a bad fish for the first fish ever at a lake. Beginners luck I guess. Then we went on to catch some nice walleye as well on crankbaits and jigging a kastmaster. Get out there and try it out seems to be loaded with fish judging by my fish finder.

(This post compliments a previous one I made)

Whitefish lake near Kikino?

Brandonkop
09-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Whitefish lake near Kikino?

I'm sorry don't know where that is. It is just north of Vilna. North east of edmonton.

Bushmonkey
09-13-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry don't know where that is. It is just north of Vilna. North east of edmonton.

Yes Kikino is north east of edmonton.

Was the lake just off hwy 36? Was the launch at "Silver Birch" camp ground?

pretty sure that its the same lake.

Chewie66
09-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Nice work man. It's always rewarding to be successful at a new lake. Almost makes a guy feel like he knows what he's doing.

Brandonkop
09-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes Kikino is north east of edmonton.

Was the lake just off hwy 36? Was the launch at "Silver Birch" camp ground?

pretty sure that its the same lake.

Yeah as far as I know there is only one whitefish lake just North of Vilna. I launched off a gravel road though right outside a campground called Paradise cove or something like that. Its at the south end of the lake.

Bushmonkey
09-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah as far as I know there is only one whitefish lake just North of Vilna. I launched off a gravel road though right outside a campground called Paradise cove or something like that. Its at the south end of the lake.

yup thats the same lake. Silver Birch resort is on the north west side.

Brandonkop
09-13-2014, 09:03 PM
yup thats the same lake. Silver Birch resort is on the north west side.

Do you have much luck there? I'm wondering if this was a complete fluke or there are more decent pike in there. Do many other people fish it. There was no other boats there the two days I was on the water.