PDA

View Full Version : Fish Creek Park or Carburn Park?

RedneckWoman
09-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm typically a Walleye gal (the self proclaimed champion of Pine Coulee ;- ) but today I don't have time to drive south. Sooo I'm going to try the Bow. So my question is:

Fish Creek Park or Carburn Park? Ready... set... go!

vital shok
09-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Carburn. (Dog park)

RedneckWoman
09-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Well I tried Carburn and got skunked. I saw a guy fly fishing in the large pond type area when I got there so I decided to give it a go. I was spinning and tried a few different lures. I started with a very small soft plastic swim shad, then tried a different type of grub type minnow, and a small red devil spoon. No sign of a fish at all, and it didn't look like the fly fisher was getting any action either. So I made my way over to the river and tried a rapala in a couple different spots, but no luck at all. It was still an enjoyable afternoon, and I really appreciated the peace and quiet of the park. There were not a lot of people there, and those who were there were pretty quiet. That's a nice change from fishing elbow to elbow with folks on the dock at Pine Coulee!

I'm going to pick up some SJWs at work on Monday, since that seems to be the main suggestion around here, and maybe try Fish Creek Park one day after work this week.

PS - I snagged quite a bit of white stuff that seemed like paper on my rapala... can anyone tell me what that is? Please tell me that it's not toilet paper from the waste water treatment plant! Gross! :sick:

jacenbeers
09-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Well I tried Carburn and got skunked. I saw a guy fly fishing in the large pond type area when I got there so I decided to give it a go. I was spinning and tried a few different lures. I started with a very small soft plastic swim shad, then tried a different type of grub type minnow, and a small red devil spoon. No sign of a fish at all, and it didn't look like the fly fisher was getting any action either. So I made my way over to the river and tried a rapala in a couple different spots, but no luck at all. It was still an enjoyable afternoon, and I really appreciated the peace and quiet of the park. There were not a lot of people there, and those who were there were pretty quiet. That's a nice change from fishing elbow to elbow with folks on the dock at Pine Coulee!

I'm going to pick up some SJWs at work on Monday, since that seems to be the main suggestion around here, and maybe try Fish Creek Park one day after work this week.

PS - I snagged quite a bit of white stuff that seemed like paper on my rapala... can anyone tell me what that is? Please tell me that it's not toilet paper from the waste water treatment plant! Gross! :sick:

It is an invasive algae called didymo or rock snot.