PDA

View Full Version : Jaw Jackers ?

huntsfurfish
09-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi all!

Anyone making their own JawJacker loops?

Looks like some kind of mono with crimped sleeve.

Have quite a few rods and thought I would put a loop on some of them, but dont want to remove them to switch rods.

Brandonkop
09-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi all!

Have quite a few rods and thought I would put a loop on some of them, but dont want to remove them to switch rods.

Yeah just use 20 to 30 pound test and tie a loop and cut tag ends. Or the other option is you can buy crimps. I've done it the first way and works well. Cheap and easy.

huntsfurfish
09-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks Brandon.

gloszz
09-17-2014, 09:36 AM
I have been using these since I brought them from Texas last year and apparently some guy at Cabelas told me they're illegal here haha. I mean maybe in Ontario and one State but they have no spring... Anyone actually on here that can confirm?

Brandonkop
09-17-2014, 12:03 PM
I have been using these since I brought them from Texas last year and apparently some guy at Cabelas told me they're illegal here haha. I mean maybe in Ontario and one State but they have no spring... Anyone actually on here that can confirm?

They are 100 % legal in Alberta. Exact same as automatic fisherman that they sell at the fish in hole. I've had 2 COS come check me while fishing and I had several in the water while out fishing with family on cold lake and no problems at all. Don't believe these haters haha.... The jaw jacker is awesome. I bet the auto fisherman is too.

Reddin
09-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Should be illegal. Same physics as a spring.

Reddin
09-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Using that logic, so is a rod, should make those illegal too.

Put your rod together, lay it down, I guarantee it won't move.

Reddin
09-17-2014, 04:16 PM
When you set the hook manually,

This.

You get more hooks up for sure with these.

This does'nt reduce hook mortality

Reddin
09-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Fish have a much lower chance of survival when out of water versus when in water. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Habfan
09-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Fish have a much lower chance of survival when out of water versus when in water. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Didn't know that, thank you ! :)

gloszz
09-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Well using a circle hook like I do in Texas for shark and marlin, you always hook it in the lip. When you have your rod and you're trolling, your rod bends.... and then it acts like a spring... So fishing in general should be illegal according to you Reddin.

huntsfurfish
09-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Should be illegal. Same physics as a spring.

from the regs:

"Use gaffs, gaff hooks(spring-loaded hooks incorporate a device that snags/traps/holds the fish)."

Not sure how you would/or even could interpret that to make the jawjacker illegal.:)

Game Hunter
09-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Went into cabelas today and spoke with a gentleman.. If you wanna call him that, who worked there in the fishing section.
I asked if they had any jaw jackers for sale and immediately rudely responded no- they're illegal. I don't believe they are illegal- due to no spring either.
Now why are these guys panties all in a knot over knowledge and have to be so arrogant? Even if they are illegal, talk like a adult.. That's why I don't spend much money at that hole.
What's your opinion morally on how they work, and who sells them?
Cause now I really want one :)

gloszz
09-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Went into cabelas today and spoke with a gentleman.. If you wanna call him that, who worked there in the fishing section.
I asked if they had any jaw jackers for sale and immediately rudely responded no- they're illegal. I don't believe they are illegal- due to no spring either.
Now why are these guys panties all in a knot over knowledge and have to be so arrogant? Even if they are illegal, talk like a adult.. That's why I don't spend much money at that hole.
What's your opinion morally on how they work, and who sells them?
Cause now I really want one :)

Was he the short kinda bigger guy? haha
I basically was told that and called him an idiot straight up. I told him next time you have the fish and wildlife here, maybe talk to them and stop misinforming customers. I always buy mine in the states dude. I hear some places like the fishin hole or wholesale sports might bring them in this winter.

Brandonkop
09-20-2014, 12:59 AM
If this violates any rules please remove it. I'm just trying to help guys get themselves a jaw jacker. I bought mine online.

I basically was told that and called him an idiot straight up. I told him next time you have the fish and wildlife here, maybe talk to them and stop misinforming customers. I always buy mine in the states dude. I hear some places like the fishin hole or wholesale sports might bring them in this winter.

I emailed the company last year since people were asking. They said they tried to get into wholesale and fishing hole the first two years but never got any commitment for an order. Apparently they signed up with Maurices Sporting goods who will start distributing in Canada this year. But JawJacker company doesn't know what stores they will distribute to. Supposedly Maurices does some business with Canadian tire so who knows where it will end up. Currently not sold in Alberta though.

This is part of the reply for where you can get them.

There are 3 stores in Canada that sell the JawJacker and they will also ship inside Canada so people can save on shipping. They are:

Tru Bite Tackle & Snags
763 Lakeview Rd
Laird, Ontario p0s1c0
Phone: (705)248-2258
Will Ship inside Canada

Chippewa Trading Post
1332 Great Northern Rd.
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario P6BOB3
Phone: (705)759-4518
Will Ship inside Canada

Preeceville Archery Products
33 2nd Avenue NE
Preeceville, SK SOA3BO
Phone: (306)547-3133
Will Ship inside Canada

Reddin
09-21-2014, 05:00 PM
If you are unable to locate a contraption to automatically set your hook, my next suggestion would be playstation bass fishing. Wouldn't need to bait hook either. Win win.

huntsfurfish
09-21-2014, 08:00 PM
If you are unable to locate a contraption to automatically set your hook, my next suggestion would be playstation bass fishing. Wouldn't need to bait hook either. Win win.

Sounds like you would have downriggers made illegal too. Same kind of principle.:)
Except one stationary one moving.

cube
09-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi all!

I always though some of those small UV resistant zip ties should work.

Game Hunter
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM

Yeah that's the guy. Next time anyone is in, keep asking the short big boned guy when his shipment for jaw jackers are in. Haha. Fishing hole south side sells the automatic fisherman- which also stated those type of systems are legal.

huntsfurfish
09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
I always though some of those small UV resistant zip ties should work.

Might have to try that out too. Good idea cube! Thank you!