PDA

View Full Version : Winfred Lake in the Fall

EZM
09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Anyone been out to Winfred lake in the fall? Looking at making a trip in the next few weeks.

Kokaneeranger
09-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Was there last Sept, it was a little slow for us, we had the rental boats from the lodge with no fish finder. We had good luck trolling in 20-30' FOW with bottom bouncers and even more luck trolling with 20' and 30' Rapala taildancers in fire tiger and anything orange. We fished hard everywhere, Jackfish bay, Banana Island, the narrows, White cliffs, ... it was hard for us to find anyconsistency, best luck was early morning at Eagle bay casting huge spoons into the shore near the weed beds, during the afternoon try trolling taildancers just off bottom at the point as you head into jackfish bay in 20-30' FOW. We had luck in the evenings trolling 100 yards from shore between the dock and the point to the east, oh yeah def bring some of those storm perch rubber swimbait lures, they sell them there. hope this helps, typed this very fast lol

Hunter Trav
09-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Much slower there in the fall then the summer, I went at the beginning of Oct. a couple years ago and although we did ok, we didn't get as many or as big of fish as we did when we went in July the same year...

Mikezilk
09-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Fished it a lot 2 Septembers ago. Used to go after work for about 2-3 hours. Minimum of 20 pike a night. Biggest was this 44" 22lb lovely girl. Stay shallow.. no need to go to Banana Island or all over the lake... find the weeds in about 12-14 ft of water. Len Thompson Five of Diamonds and Large muskie spinners. I paddled my kayak and canoe for about 5 minutes at the most from my launch point and was constantly having better nights than the guys ripping across the lake in powerboats.