PDA

View Full Version : Custom Painted Hard Baits

gnugen
09-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Earlier this year I started airbrushing blank hard bait bodies. Haven't tied them on yet, got into fly fishing and tying.

Wondering if people would order custom colours if there was a possibility in Alberta?

http://s30.postimg.org/pyyi70sch/photo.jpg

chriscosta
09-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh wow ... i wanna look into this of course id buy some ...really good job ya did on those thats cool ... was it hard

fish gunner
09-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Great work , any larger stick baits? What can a guy expect to pay per 5-10 lures.

gnugen
09-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Oh wow ... i wanna look into this of course id buy some ...really good job ya did on those thats cool ... was it hard

The hardest part was learning the basics of paint viscosity and building and producing stencils. A bit of trial and error as some patterns took a few tries to get a pattern to where I like it. There are tons of options and glow patterns are also possible.

Great work , any larger stick baits? What can a guy expect to pay per 5-10 lures.

I do have larger stick baits in fact you can see the models I currently have below. I'd like to stay pretty reasonable so in that price range depending on order size and request. Generally speaking it's easier to paint a few of the same pattern. Keep the air brush clean between paint colours is the most important factor.

http://s27.postimg.org/g2jfym1ub/Blank_Hard_Bait_Bodies.jpg

Esox
09-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Ever play around with stripping paint off a bait and re-painting it? I have some taildancers and beat up live targets I want painted

JohninAB
09-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Very nice. I would be interested in some. Really like the orange and yellow pattern. Also bigger hard baits would interest me as well.

EZM
09-17-2014, 07:41 PM
me too ..... If you have anything over 6" I would be interested. I take no pleasure in removing hooks from a fishes gills with most of the undersized hard baits people use. I like the bigger hard baits ( lil' ernies, triple D's etc...) type baits - if you have some stuff like that .... I'm interested.

gnugen
09-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Ever play around with stripping paint off a bait and re-painting it? I have some taildancers and beat up live targets I want painted

I have stripped a lot of jig heads but would quickly experiment with a hard bait I have to remove paint!

Very nice. I would be interested in some. Really like the orange and yellow pattern. Also bigger hard baits would interest me as well.

If you can source the bodies it would be great to match the colours you'd like.

me too ..... If you have anything over 6" I would be interested. I take no pleasure in removing hooks from a fishes gills with most of the undersized hard baits people use. I like the bigger hard baits ( lil' ernies, triple D's etc...) type baits - if you have some stuff like that .... I'm interested.

I just have those bodies shown however there are resources to purchase blank bodies in huge sizes.

Chief16
09-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Very well done