PDA

View Full Version : jaw jacker

chop
09-29-2014, 08:05 PM
just ordered the jaw jacker, now the wait for ice lol. what rod weight is best for this rod setter? ML or M

Game Hunter
09-29-2014, 10:05 PM
What site did you get yours off of?

A.H.
09-30-2014, 05:41 AM
If you are interested, I would like one too. We could split the shipping cost.

A.H.

yetiseeker
09-30-2014, 07:47 AM
I ordered a couple from Preecville Archery in Saskatchewan - one of the only distributors in western Canada. $42 each plus $15 or shipping.

Ph (306)547-3133.

gloszz
09-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Isn't it better to just get one in the States and ask a friend to bring it over...? I got mine for 25 last year with everything so I decided to sell them here for 40. Still cheaper than what Canada has to offer.

A.H.
09-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Do you have any left at $40.00? Jawjacker website lists at $37 usd.

A.H

kcward
09-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Isn't it better to just get one in the States and ask a friend to bring it over...? I got mine for 25 last year with everything so I decided to sell them here for 40. Still cheaper than what Canada has to offer.

I guess not everyone has a friend going into the states....that would be nice :)
Do you have any extras? I am up in GP, not sure where you reside?

Thanks, Ken

Game Hunter
09-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Do you have any left at $40.00? Jawjacker website lists at $37 usd.

A.H

Pm sent

Game Hunter
09-30-2014, 01:26 PM
If you are interested, I would like one too. We could split the shipping cost.

A.H.

Pm sent :)

gloszz
09-30-2014, 02:24 PM
No haha. I bought 12 last February when they were on sale and they sold within an hour. I brought them back from Texas so I didn't even pay for shipping. If they go on sale though, I might buy some and my girlfriend would bring them next time she is here.

chop
09-30-2014, 03:44 PM
i ordered from the web site , 37 dollars plus 8 dollars shipping

chop
09-30-2014, 04:10 PM
what weight rod ML or M works best ?

kcward
09-30-2014, 06:02 PM
No haha. I bought 12 last February when they were on sale and they sold within an hour. I brought them back from Texas so I didn't even pay for shipping. If they go on sale though, I might buy some and my girlfriend would bring them next time she is here.

Ok, thanks....Do they work better than the Automatic fisherman that Fishin Hole sells?

A.H.
09-30-2014, 07:01 PM
How many would be interested in a group buy? Cost is $37.99 USD for the Jaw Jacker. Shipping $7.91for one. $14.16 for two. This is on their website.
I will check in with the supplier in Saskatchewan on cost and shipping if a few guys want one. I am sure we can get better pricing, or at least save on shipping if we buy in a bigger volume.

A.H.

wbaj
09-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Looks like they got caught up with their orders. I ordered one last year from their website around Xmas and they were sold out. I paid for it and they sent it to me just last week. I think this thing is going to work great. It's sensitivity can be adjusted as well as the "strike force". Can't wait to try it on those finicky walleye. Should work well on trout as well.

kcward
09-30-2014, 11:32 PM
How many would be interested in a group buy? Cost is $37.99 USD for the Jaw Jacker. Shipping $7.91for one. $14.16 for two. This is on their website.
I will check in with the supplier in Saskatchewan on cost and shipping if a few guys want one. I am sure we can get better pricing, or at least save on shipping if we buy in a bigger volume.

A.H.

I just received my cabelas christmas catalogue.ca and it has the jaw jacker in there for $44.99. The website doesn't have it available yet though...shows the picture and item, but says currently not available.
FYI

Game Hunter
10-01-2014, 05:18 PM
I just received my cabelas christmas catalogue.ca and it has the jaw jacker in there for $44.99. The website doesn't have it available yet though...shows the picture and item, but says currently not available.
FYI

Your right I've also found it searching.
We will see if they come into Edmonton.
If not I will be on the order list aswell.

A.H.
10-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Jaw jackers are available for back order from Cabelas. They will ship to your house or to the store of your choice when they are available. I back ordered mine. It will not be worth a group order from the jaw jacker website or from the other canadian suppliers.

A.h.

Tabers Best
10-02-2014, 08:08 PM
To answer some questions..

From my sons and my experiences. The jawjacker is a much better product than the automatic fisherman. Like porsche 911 turbo to geo metro.

We used 28 inch rods. But the secret is to use a medium heavy action rod (we started of with lighter action rods). I even gmailed jawjacker about it and after doing so we went from 35% to a 95% hook up ratio.

I would also say that the hook was set in the lip about 99% of the time.

Habfan
10-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I got 2 last yr and used 28,30 & 32" MH and I got good success on all of them, you just need to adjust angle and set to where you feel the the rod won't snap in half. You'll figure it out when you get one and play with it a bit, you may want to use safety glasses at first !! Lol

kcward
10-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Your right I've also found it searching.
We will see if they come into Edmonton.
If not I will be on the order list aswell.

I know they got 150 in at the Winnipeg warehouse, I just ordered 2 shipped to store. Each store in Edmonton are only getting 6 each....that won't last more than 1 day!

Brandonkop
10-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Wow, everyone's excited to use their Jaw Jackers and find one in store. Wish you all luck.

I've caught: pike, walleye, rainbow, perch, lake trout, grayling on em. Work great! I agree with the medium heavy to heavy rod for more hookups. You can also set it up to function with a slight drag if you want like an auto fisherman by adding a float to the line. Here's an easy mod video if you're missing some strikes the odd day where they are ultra fussy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwG18WAJxqY

chop
10-03-2014, 04:54 PM
thanks Brandonkop , all your tips are very helpfull keep up the great videos.
cheers

Kim473
10-04-2014, 06:42 AM
FYI

Was on the cabellas.ca site and it now says, "In Stock" for all you interested. Could be in stock in a wharehouse someplace though and maybe not in the store. If your looking it might be worth stoping in and asking.

kcward
10-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Was on the cabellas.ca site and it now says, "In Stock" for all you interested. Could be in stock in a wharehouse someplace though and maybe not in the store. If your looking it might be worth stoping in and asking.

I just got the email from Cabelas that my "ship to store" order is at the store already. Just have to pick them up...that's one thing off the list to get ready for the ice!

Game Hunter
10-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Just picked my order up today. Came within a few days.
Talked with a nice employee who mentioned he's gonna pick up a couple, he even mentioned that 6 is low to have per store. He's gonna push for more. Cannot wait till hard water season!!!

Kim473
10-07-2014, 04:22 AM
Seems like the makers of these are holding back qty's as to keep the price high. Something like Gasoline, supply and demand.

huntsfurfish
10-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Seems like the makers of these are holding back qty's as to keep the price high. Something like Gasoline, supply and demand.

Automatic Fisherman is about the same price I think($40.00ish). Never seen shortages of them.

Jaw Jacker might just be popular.:)

A.H.
10-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I picked up the Jaw Jacker that I ordered today. I was playing with it and in my opinion it will be a very effective tool in my ice fishing arsenal. It has an adjustable trigger, and seems to set off with a very light pull. Lookout perchies, you are in trouble now!

AppleJax
10-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Automatic Fisherman is about the same price I think($40.00ish). Never seen shortages of them.

Jaw Jacker might just be popular.:)

I have 2 of these for 3 seasons now and they work very well! Might have to try a jaw jacker too if I can get it for a decent price...

EZM
10-07-2014, 07:01 PM
I have 2 of these for 3 seasons now and they work very well! Might have to try a jaw jacker too if I can get it for a decent price...

AJ,

You put me onto these automatic fishermen and they are bullet proof. They can get tossed around in the bucket, sled or bed of the pickup with out any worries.

I'm not so sure the jaw jacker could take abuse ..... that would be my concern.

You handle your equipment like I do ...... like it's rented ...... keep that in mind when considering the jacker.

fishdude17
10-07-2014, 07:23 PM
AJ,

You put me onto these automatic fishermen and they are bullet proof. They can get tossed around in the bucket, sled or bed of the pickup with out any worries.

You handle your equipment like I do ...... like it's rented ...... keep that in mind when considering the jacker.

X2 on the toughness of the Automatic Fisherman. It will outlast any piece of fishing equipment I own. I too have an iffy feeling of the durability of the Jaw Jacker. Just my 2¢.

AppleJax
10-07-2014, 08:07 PM
AJ,

You put me onto these automatic fishermen and they are bullet proof. They can get tossed around what in the bucket, sled or bed of the pickup with out any worries.

I more or less want to try it out so I can compare it to what I have.

Kind of like last year when I tried an Ion auger and now I can truly say what a pile of crap it is beside my Husqvarna! ;)

Tabers Best
10-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I know this is not buy and sell but i will sell a lightly used automatic fisherman for$25 so I can put it towards another jawjacker.

Brandonkop
10-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I know this is not buy and sell but i will sell a lightly used automatic fisherman for$25 so I can put it towards another jawjacker.

Haha.... I'm guess that's better than their 2 cents!

The Jaw Jacker is more durable than I initially thought. I haven't had any break or malfunctions. Now I'm not one to treat things I own like they are rented. I treat my stuff with some degree of care. So I don't think durability is a big issue. If you're worried about durability buy the one that is made out of steel. I think its called the QuickStrike or something like that. But the owner of that outfit isn't big on selling his product so you'll probably never see it in stores. Actually I can't even find it online anymore so he probably realized defeat by the autofisherman and jawjacker.

chop
10-10-2014, 03:50 PM
i received my j j in the mail today. :sHa_shakeshout:
folds up nice and compact

Game Hunter
10-10-2014, 08:54 PM
By looking at the design of the jj. If you take care of it- don't see any reason for it to cause you issues. It's crazy sensitive very well designed. Cannot wait to try it out!
Have not tried the fisherman

chop
10-25-2014, 08:39 PM
i seen a few on the shelf today at Cabela's South Edmonton .

YeeHaw
10-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Looks like it would be easy to make

Reddin
10-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Looks like it would be easy to make

I'm pretty sure you need an official jaw jacker to get into the jaw jacker special derby.

Bigdad013
11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Just bought 4 at BPS in Calgary. Lots left if your looking

pinelakeperch
11-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Just bought 4 at BPS in Calgary. Lots left if your looking

What did you pay?

Bigdad013
11-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Can't find the bill, it was either 44 or 49

iliketrout
11-17-2014, 09:45 AM
For those who are interested in picking up a jaw jacker...Cabelas has a free shipping promo on now until Nov 19. I just ordered a couple and some other stuff and with free shipping saved 20 bucks.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/72840/jaw-jacker-hook-setter

Tight lines everyone, can't wait to get on the ice!

bubba 96
11-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Just got back from bass pro and they had a whole bunch 45 bucks a piece.....

Game Hunter
11-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Just tried mine today. Was extremely cold.. but it produced.
Very happy with the product, sets on the front lips which helps in releasing.
Cannot wait to try on a warmer day, sucks when the hole freezes

WayneChristie
11-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Just tried mine today. Was extremely cold.. but it produced.
Very happy with the product, sets on the front lips which helps in releasing.
Cannot wait to try on a warmer day, sucks when the hole freezes

I cut a piece of 2 inch styro insulation to completely cover the hole, cut a slot in it and run the line through that. I use it for my tipup too, helps keep the hole open a lot longer when the wind cant get to it

Game Hunter
11-30-2014, 09:31 AM
I cut a piece of 2 inch styro insulation to completely cover the hole, cut a slot in it and run the line through that. I use it for my tipup too, helps keep the hole open a lot longer when the wind cant get to it

That's a great idea. Ya it's my first try with a jj (haven't even tried tip ups) of course -34 haha.
I will be making a insulated hole cover for sure.
Thanks wayne

impulse
11-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Only 2 left at bps in calgary

YeeHaw
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
There was a couple left at the north Edmonton Cabela's yesterday. South had one this evening.

Alberta Bigbore
12-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Sry if missed.... what fish are Jawjackers suited for? Never tried one.. interested in buying a few

Game Hunter
12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
They are good for pretty much any fish.
They adjust for rod length, how hard it sets, aswell as the sensitivity.
Unit it made of PVC, fishing with it the first time at -34 worked without any issues. Just gotta keep it dry. I used it for trout, but will be trying various species this year. Careful setting them up or you might just catch yourself.
Heads up- If the stores are out or don't sell them, just call cabelas order number and get it shipped to your store.
5 stars ;)

Cory1
12-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I picked one up last weekend, and I'd imagine you'd need to put a little more thought into your lure selection. Probably smaller the lure the better atleast in the case of pike so you can be sure that when they first take it they have a hook in their mouth.

Could be totally off on that, but it was just my first thought that came to mind

Burbotism
12-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I picked one up last weekend, and I'd imagine you'd need to put a little more thought into your lure selection. Probably smaller the lure the better atleast in the case of pike so you can be sure that when they first take it they have a hook in their mouth.

Could be totally off on that, but it was just my first thought that came to mind

I used mine with large herrings no problemo!!

Cory1
12-03-2014, 12:35 PM
I used mine with large herrings no problemo!!

Thanks for that! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow!

Lefty-Canuck
12-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I picked one up new for $35 going to give them a go.

LC

Game Hunter
12-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Any more tips or ideas after playing around with these would be great.
I'm getting pretty comferatable setting up, just thought after you guys play around with yours- throw out some ideas..(different rods, sensitivity with certain hooks)
Kinda like the insulation in the hole idea from Wayne.
I ve found using smaller hooks for trout with tiny peice of shrimp works pretty good for trout, but gotta leave a nice sharp hook sticking out of the bait

Zip-in-Z
12-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Best "Tip" for those who just got one .... don't stand over it if you're setting a hair trigger .... otherwise, when it goes off by mistake you may have a soar jaw, nose, eye & kisser ... ouch"!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Z-z

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ZIP-IN-Z/P1100712_zps4a36554b.jpg

Game Hunter
12-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Aha hahahahahha I'm only laughing because I've done that 2ce.
Oh and don't be a smart guy and hold the hook that is tied to the line while lightly testing. Yes they are very sensitive- so is my finger.

Alberta Bigbore
12-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Bought one today at a local shop. Slick unit. Looking forward to using it on some brookies this weekend.

Cory1
12-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Used mine for the first time today, landed a burb and some pike.

Had quite a few missed as it likely triggered before they really had the hook in thier mouth and just grabbed the bait, and by the time I grabbed it they had time to shake it.

Going to try adding an extra stinger to my rigs, or keep it closer by.

Tabers Best
12-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Used mine for the first time today, landed a burb and some pike.

Had quite a few missed as it likely triggered before they really had the hook in thier mouth and just grabbed the bait, and by the time I grabbed it they had time to shake it.

Going to try adding an extra stinger to my rigs, or keep it closer by.

What weight rod are you using. I went from 35% to 95+% landed by a change in rod. As well try different settings to dial it in.

Cory1
12-04-2014, 08:31 PM
What weight rod are you using. I went from 35% to 95+% landed by a change in rod. As well try different settings to dial it in.

Used a medium heavy rod, and a moderate trigger setting.
Wasn't too heavy that I was missing hits and the bait would go missing.

Looking forward to tinkering around with it again

jhfong
12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
TFH in Calgary just got a shipment in today. $45 each

SamSteele
12-06-2014, 11:35 PM
My Dad and I built homemade units that worked similar to this out of scrap wood and a mouse trap. Basically an "Y" shaped base with a reel mounted at the bottom of the Y and a mousetrap glued/screwed at the base of the V. Line went over the trap trigger and through an eye screw down the hole. Fish bites, sets off the trap, wire on the trap arcs up, which sets the hook. Reel drag then kept tension on the line. Had some old utility survey flags that we rigged up to flip up when the trap went off. Worked great for big pike and burbot. Always wanted to make a "magnum" unit with a rat trap but didn't get around to it after my dad passed.

ETA: total cost was under $5 each.

SS

338Bluff
12-08-2014, 10:09 AM
After my first outing I'm not totally impressed. Once you get a hook-up the line gets tangled in the trigger. Total PITN!

huntsfurfish
12-08-2014, 10:26 AM
After my first outing I'm not totally impressed. Once you get a hook-up the line gets tangled in the trigger. Total PITN!

?

vondogleg
12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Just ordered two from Cabela's Edmonton North after reading this....they sound good to me!!

Habfan
12-08-2014, 12:49 PM

I have caught a lot of fish on jaw jackers and that has never happened ! Maybe your using a rod that is to short.

Cory1
12-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Anyone lost a rod or jaw jacker down the hole?

Came close a couple times yesterday on some decent sized pike.
Had the jaw jacker flip right over with the hole rod in the hole, thankully the rod was jammed in pretty good and never came loose. Fished with it in the tent after that and never had a hit lol.

Anyone else had any of these issues or any modifications to it? The little pics on em don't do much when your on sheer ice.

Cory

Kim473
12-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Tie a string to the back end of it and anchor it down if your going for pike. A 5lb pike can pull pretty hard when it fights. I saw a couple at N. cabellas 2 days ago.

The Fisherman Guy
12-15-2014, 04:34 PM

Not sure if your line is getting tangled in the loop attached to the end of your rod, but that is my main beef with the Jaw Jacker. Would hate to lose a fish because of equipment failure. There is a crimp ring on the trigger loops that come with the Jaw Jacker that I am not fond of.

Discussing this on the ice earlier this year, Kingfisher (Rob), came up with a great idea to simply replace the JJ loop with a loop of braided line. Likely is flexible enough to not get tangled, and will do the job at the same time.

Cory1
12-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Tie a string to the back end of it and anchor it down if your going for pike. A 5lb pike can pull pretty hard when it fights. I saw a couple at N. cabellas 2 days ago.

Great idea!

Just tie it to a spare ice anchor and that should do the trick!

Jeff_403
12-15-2014, 10:40 PM
I was out on Sunday. Buddy needed sone minnows, so I left my rod and tip up for a mere 30 seconds, I look back and of course my rod is bent right over. As I was running back the rod bounced a few times, the holder tipped over and the pike pulled my rod through the ice. :mad0100:

gnugen
12-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Could have used on this weekend! Plan to order one soon!

Wow, everyone's excited to use their Jaw Jackers and find one in store. Wish you all luck.

I've caught: pike, walleye, rainbow, perch, lake trout, grayling on em. Work great! I agree with the medium heavy to heavy rod for more hookups. You can also set it up to function with a slight drag if you want like an auto fisherman by adding a float to the line. Here's an easy mod video if you're missing some strikes the odd day where they are ultra fussy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwG18WAJxqY

pinelakeperch
12-22-2014, 03:29 PM
I picked up the last one on display at Bass Pro today. Can't wait to use it!

The Great White Hype
12-22-2014, 04:03 PM
They must have just got a shipment.... BPS has about 50 of them right by the fishing tents. I bought 2 :sHa_shakeshout:

On a side note, anybody know where a guy can find a Eskimo 6120i in stock near calgary, they were out and I want one.

kinwahkly
12-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Just picked a couple up at Bass Pro , there's about 10 left.

EZM
12-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Anyone have these here in Edmonton? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere. they had one on display at the west end fishin' hole but none in stock.

Lefty-Canuck
12-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Anyone have these here in Edmonton? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere. they had one on display at the west end fishin' hole but none in stock.

I have bought a couple at Cabelas....but they can't keep them on the shelves.

LC

Brandonkop
12-24-2014, 12:06 AM

Cabelas on the North End of Edmonton had some on the shelf when I was there last Saturday Night. Took a picture of it and posted it on Instagram... so it's probably long gone. I'd call Cabelas and ask them to put it on hold for you if they have some still.

Richmuiz
12-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Cabellas south has lots just picked one up

ineptflux
12-24-2014, 07:58 PM

Cabelas south had like 6 yesterday when I was in there, almost bought two more to add to my total of 4 lol.

Also when I ordered them I placed my order online and got it the next day at cabelas. Dunno if I just lucked out or what, but they've been very useful in place of tip ups.

Bassett
12-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Hope Santa brings me one tomorrow!

Warmbreeze
12-25-2014, 12:15 AM
Saw that Brandon you caught a walleye on it. Seems most use for trout, burbot, and pike. Is it kind of fluky to get walleye on them or is it legit.

I want one but them flipping over also makes me wonder. Anyone with both JJ and Automatic Fisherman have any opinions between the two?

Habfan
12-25-2014, 04:22 AM
Saw that Brandon you caught a walleye on it. Seems most use for trout, burbot, and pike. Is it kind of fluky to get walleye on them or is it legit.

I want one but them flipping over also makes me wonder. Anyone with both JJ and Automatic Fisherman have any opinions between the two?

Caught lots of eyes with the JJ

kinwahkly
12-25-2014, 09:03 AM
all plastic, not sure on durability.

WayneChristie
12-25-2014, 09:18 AM
all plastic, not sure on durability.

saw my first one on the weekend and was not impressed. good for trout for sure, but not for my fishing, never lost a rod yet and hope not to. (jinx)
doesnt look durable enough for the horrors my gear goes through. :bad_boys_20:
besides would you want to waste all that money if one of these hit and you got tangled in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqZ1ksQiuk&feature=youtu.be

elkslayer132
12-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Sold out at the jawjacker website for the rest of this season so they will be very hard to find in the near future my 2 just came in a couple days ago from a website order.

boonedocks
12-25-2014, 11:15 AM
I found one in my stocking this morning! Stay tuned for product review?

Tabers Best
12-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Never lost my jawjacker with a 18.2 lb pike. Was taking a leak and took a minute to get back. The jawjacker never moved. But i use the ice picks set out on them (part of the assembly).

Weirdest thing though we have now lost a grand total of 4 hooksets but have now put 102 on the ice with the jawjacker.

Habfan
12-25-2014, 02:15 PM
saw my first one on the weekend and was not impressed. good for trout for sure, but not for my fishing, never lost a rod yet and hope not to. (jinx)
doesnt look durable enough for the horrors my gear goes through. :bad_boys_20:
besides would you want to waste all that money if one of these hit and you got tangled in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqZ1ksQiuk&feature=youtu.be

Jaw jackers don't get pike fever tho ! Maybe it's the trick you have been looking for, for that monster. :)

tonypower
12-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Caught this bad boy on a jaw jackerhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/522e2a5ae644d40c402d523aaa418777.jpg

Brandonkop
12-25-2014, 05:03 PM

There is no way it can flip over if you set it up right. I seen a bunch of guys on here and other boards show pictures of their Jaw Jackers set up wrong. They stick the legs right out to the side at 90 degree angle... then they just act like a pivot for it to flip over. Use some physics sense... stick them out front towards the hole like its supposed to and it will be solid. Set your drag and the fish will be able to run. For walleye if they're hitting good no problem. You may need a stinger for lighter biters or put a float on the line like the jaw jacker so they take it a little better before it goes off.

Good luck.

1bluZebec
12-25-2014, 11:07 PM
There is no way it can flip over if you set it up right. I seen a bunch of guys on here and other boards show pictures of their Jaw Jackers set up wrong. They stick the legs right out to the side at 90 degree angle... then they just act like a pivot for it to flip over. Use some physics sense... stick them out front towards the hole like its supposed to and it will be solid. Set your drag and the fish will be able to run. For walleye if they're hitting good no problem. You may need a stinger for lighter biters or put a float on the line like the jaw jacker so they take it a little better before it goes off.

Good luck.

x2 great advice and yeah if your drag is sett correctly and it is set up proper a 20lb pike should be doable but in the end I want my rod in had to feel the full feeling of catching a beast of the sort.:character0053:

EZM
12-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Jaw Jackers in stock at the Fishin' Hole .... south Edmonton Location off 91st.

Looks like they have 5-6 left as of about noon today.