PDA

View Full Version : Vexilar Fish Scout Double Vision vs. Marcum LX-9

Billy2017
10-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Anyone have any info on these units. I have read a bit on the Marcum but cant seem to find too much on the Vexilar.

Thanks

Bill

Moefoe
10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Can't speak for the other but Marcum is a solid company with for the most part great products...I had an issue with my LX-7, looking back now it was probably more my fault than the unit, sent it away had it back in 2 weeks!

LCCFisherman
10-08-2014, 01:37 PM
What was your problem? Moisture in the unit?

Fishslayer99
10-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Anyone have any info on these units. I have read a bit on the Marcum but cant seem to find too much on the Vexilar.

Thanks

Bill

Billy2017,

Cant say much about the Marcum, but I can say I love my Vexilar underwater camera. Have used it consistently for the past 2 years hard and open water from -25c to +30c. was a bit Leary on the rechargeable batteries to begin with but she still holds a charge like the day I bought it!!! never have had any problems with cold weather/moisture or anything for that matter. I would not hesitate to buy another Vexilar product for a second. Great quality and reasonable price.

Moefoe
10-08-2014, 04:59 PM
What was your problem? Moisture in the unit?

I think it took a knock over the summer being poorly stored as it had a couple of soldering joints come loose...they informed me it was due to impact damage, fixed it with no issues, worked fine since!