PDA

View Full Version : Buck Lake by Alder Flats

xring_assassin
10-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Is there anywhere a guy can launch a boat then park a truck with boat trailer to go fishing for the day?

I just hit the town assuming there would be such a place...there is a launch by buck lake bobs and "NO PARKING" signs all over hell...

And a second one with no dock that is rght by a cabin and may or may not be for public use...but there is a nice park beside it. However the fence there has me pretty certain that the launch I see is owned privately....now that I look at it.

Calhoun bay launch is too small and shallow to do a 17' boat much good...

Currently me and the kid have turned around defeated heading home...

Help please!

chriscosta
10-14-2014, 02:51 PM
At the xamoground you can park

xring_assassin
10-14-2014, 04:06 PM
At the xamoground you can park

Where is that? Apple maps and google aren't giving me any love today. Duck lake in PA keeps coming up instead...

We are bobbling around on cow lake now :)

WildCats
10-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Both launches are open to the public, there's two at the campground, one on each end however they are poor for launching anything over 12'. Buck Lake Bob figures he owns the launch behind his shop and is routinely trying to run people off or charge a fee for using the launch or dock. It's a Wetaskiwin County launch and dock, I'm assuming he also posted the signs. I'll look into it and advise.

WC

TrollGRG
10-14-2014, 08:07 PM
There is also a campground on the north end of the lake (not sure if it is provincial or not). You can launch from there.

Xiph0id
10-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Take hey 22 south from hwy 616 then east on twp 470 until you get to the lake.
That is the north park. Good launch.

xring_assassin
10-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Take hey 22 south from hwy 616 then east on twp 470 until you get to the lake.
That is the north park. Good launch.

Directions!! Wahoo!!

Thank you sooooo much!!!

xring_assassin
10-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Both launches are open to the public, there's two at the campground, one on each end however they are poor for launching anything over 12'. Buck Lake Bob figures he owns the launch behind his shop and is routinely trying to run people off or charge a fee for using the launch or dock. It's a Wetaskiwin County launch and dock, I'm assuming he also posted the signs. I'll look into it and advise.

WC

Lol - I phoned there hoping to get a lil guidance and was told that the launch could be used and truck parked by his shop for a "donation"...I then got a bit short - and drove away. I will return another day! To the north end launch!!

fish99
10-16-2014, 05:43 PM
the boat launch at north end camp ground is real good drops right to deep water, just follow the channel out to the lake good fishing close to the launch area.

Red Bullets
10-18-2014, 01:16 PM
There is another launch at the end of TWP Rd. 464. A couple miles north of buck lake town on Range Rd. 64 , then east on 464 right to lake.

winmag
10-20-2014, 05:43 PM
park on the shoulder down from bobs was there twice this week but watch the water is low at launch , going again Sat .weather looks good for weekend fishing and birds gonna shut camp down too, all eyes half inch short some big pike trolling plugs did not keep any pike