PDA

View Full Version : Coal lake

alpikes
11-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi fellowfishmen,

Heard Coal Lake has about 4". Is this correct? And is it safe to try ice fishing yet? Did anyone try fishing here this winter yet? Really appreciate if anyone could reply.:wave:

Thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi fellowfishmen,

Heard Coal Lake has about 4". Is this correct? And is it safe to try ice fishing yet? Did anyone try fishing here this winter yet? Really appreciate if anyone could reply.:wave:

Thanks

I highly dout its goty that much ice, I fish this lake alot , in the spring and fall, I was by there about 12 days ago and it was still wide open.

alpikes
11-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks Big John. Just checked the Weather Network, looks like starting a week from now, we should see daily high temp to drop rapidly. Right on time to take the children out for ice fishing during their school Xmas break.

ukrmaf
12-02-2008, 01:59 AM
even at full ice stay away from the lake where the highway splits it in two, there is a canal that runs under the road where water travels between the two sides and washes away the ice from underneath making it thin and weak in that area, i have personally seen vehicles in mid winter in "great" ice conditions fall through in that area.

There thats my good deed for the day, cant wait to get out on the hard water.

sledhead
12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
was out there last weekend
there was like 3 inches of ice on there
we were walking around on it seemed fine
was still open by the culvert on the south side

Safety D
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Where is a good place to access it??

DoubleCam
12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I would go the south side...
HWY 2A... forgot what road it was... its right near the major powerline head east. Takes you to the boat dock... there may be some open water out there though!

Safety D
12-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Any other places. want to avoid the open water!!!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-03-2008, 01:34 AM
616. Careful of the north side section, where the culvert is, gos out about 20 yards, avoid it .....