PDA

View Full Version : Highlight Reel + Daughter Walleye Fishing

Brandonkop
10-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Well we're just about getting close to the in between season... I'm getting anxious for the ice personally and can't wait to get out on the hard stuff.

Since I haven't been fishing in a while thought I'd edit some of the forgotten footage from the summer. One was my daughter reeling in a couple walleye at moose lake and holding them like a pro at 2 years old, haha. For a kid who was scared to even get near fish a year ago I was impressed.

Then I slapped a bunch of the other stuff together to make a highlight reel, open water, ice, kayak, shore, boat you name it we were trying to do it.

I like how some guys take the time to count their fish and keep a running tally, this will have to be my abbreviated version.

Highlights -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWdNQJDtIzo

Daughter Fishing Moose Lake Walleye -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6TbYhbQ9s0

RavYak
10-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Your daughter is hilarious, so many kids are afraid to touch fish but she doesn't care at all. Loved her version of the torpedo release too haha.

Fishslayer99
10-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Brandonkop,

Fantastic video clips! have to admit makes me a little jealous watching them...Its amazing how skilled at fishing your daughter is for her age. She hauls those fish in like a pro, you better watch your back give her a couple more years and she may out fish the old man...great post!

dodger
10-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Fantastic post. Your daughter is a real gem!

Dodger.

CanadianBadass
10-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Brandonkop,

Fantastic video clips! have to admit makes me a little jealous watching them...Its amazing how skilled at fishing your daughter is for her age. She hauls those fish in like a pro, you better watch your back give her a couple more years and she may out fish the old man...great post!

May ?

Lol ,. Great Vids as always Brandon ! See you out there !

pikergolf
10-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Big fail on the life jackets.

Brandonkop
10-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the positive and negative feedback. Agreed everyone should wear a life jacket. The lifejacket one reminded me of a funny story from this summer when I wasn't wearing one.

Ok, picture this as I paint it for you... warning not fishing related at all and DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

So we were diving off the 25 foot cliffs on Kalamalka lake (no pfd) and climb back on the boat. I'm laying belly down on the edge of the back sun deck facing the front of the boat soaking wet. My brother takes off down the lake accelerating to over 30mph and starts doing some sharp S-turns. What more can you expect from a 16 year old Bro? Well I can feel the Gs pulling me side to side and there isn't much friction between wet skin and vinyl. On the third turn to the left I go flying off the right side of the boat. With my quick cat like reflexes that I've acquired after years of perch fishing I turned onto my back with head up prior to aquatic impact. I did a few seconds of water aerobics treading in place while the boat turned around to come pick me up. It was pretty funny actually if you were there. Something you wish you had the camera rolling for.

In life there are Drivers and there are Passengers... turns out in this case I was a slippery passenger.

My Brother just posted his highlight video from this summer! If you ever wanted to go to Kalamalka Lake this video will get you there! He called me and said I should post it on my Channel and title it, "What I Missed While I was Fishing!"

Check it out and support the little bros video, it's entertaining - You'll also see where I flew off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZEhZ9_STxE

scesfiremedic
10-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Great videos, thanks for sharing!

Gboe8
10-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Big fail on the life jackets.

Didn't know is was law to have them on? Just in the boat? I could be wrong but if you have nothing nice to say then don't.

Gboe8
10-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Thanks for sharing! Your daughter holds those walleye like a pro!

pikergolf
10-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Didn't know is was law to have them on? Just in the boat? I could be wrong but if you have nothing nice to say then don't.

Sorry, when I see an entire family including an infant, in a boats sans life jackets, I have to say something.

Chief16
10-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Just because it isn't a law doesn't mean you shouldn't do it

CanadianBadass
10-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the positive and negative feedback. Agreed everyone should wear a life jacket. The lifejacket one reminded me of a funny story from this summer when I wasn't wearing one.

Ok, picture this as I paint it for you... warning not fishing related at all and DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

So we were diving off the 25 foot cliffs on Kalamalka lake (no pfd) and climb back on the boat. I'm laying belly down on the edge of the back sun deck facing the front of the boat soaking wet. My brother takes off down the lake accelerating to over 30mph and starts doing some sharp S-turns. What more can you expect from a 16 year old Bro? Well I can feel the Gs pulling me side to side and there isn't much friction between wet skin and vinyl. On the third turn to the left I go flying off the right side of the boat. With my quick cat like reflexes that I've acquired after years of perch fishing I turned onto my back with head up prior to aquatic impact. I did a few seconds of water aerobics treading in place while the boat turned around to come pick me up. It was pretty funny actually if you were there. Something you wish you had the camera rolling for.

In life there are Drivers and there are Passengers... turns out in this case I was a slippery passenger.

My Brother just posted his highlight video from this summer! If you ever wanted to go to Kalamalka Lake this video will get you there! He called me and said I should post it on my Channel and title it, "What I Missed While I was Fishing!"

Check it out and support the little bros video, it's entertaining - You'll also see where I flew off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZEhZ9_STxE

Cool Video !

Game Hunter
10-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Sweeeeet :) love it. Feels like a finale vid for the doctors adventures- tv show
You should start your own show. :) good stuff

Gboe8
10-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Just because it isn't a law doesn't mean you shouldn't do it

Its his choice, he is a grown man I'm sure he knows what he's doing. There is a reason people are skeptical about posting on here because some one always has something negative to say.

mxer117
10-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Its his choice, he is a grown man I'm sure he knows what he's doing. There is a reason people are skeptical about posting on here because some one always has something negative to say.

Yeah, but it's just common sense to put a life jacket on a two year old and an infant, I mean come on!!:snapoutofit:

Gboe8
10-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah, but it's just common sense to put a life jacket on a two year old and an infant, I mean come on!!:snapoutofit:

Did I ever say it wasn't? Really none of our business, let's keep the comments positive. Maybe I'm wrong but no point on arguing in done with it.