PDA

View Full Version : Cow Lake

donrock
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyones been out to Cow Lake yet this year? I'm working up in Dawson Creek and can't wait to get down and fish there again soon.

Just wondering how much ice there is right now and how the fishing is. Been out yet Tundra?

TundraBuck
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Haven't had a chance to poke around yet, too busy hunting and ice fishing for brookies. I went out today for the brookie opener and had an awesome morning. I'll check it out on Thursday and let you know. Should be another week or two though.

Fishin' Fool
12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I stopped by Cow on Saturday. I hacked through about 5 inches of ice at the boat launch with a hatchet without hitting water. I was only about 10 feet offshore though.

There's already a pressure ridge that almost forms a half-circle around the launch with the ridge a foot high or more in places. Hopefully that flattens out a bit or access could be a hassle all winter.

Soon guys, soon:D

FF

donrock
12-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys,

Well I know where I'll be headed as soon as I get home. Its been to long since I seen any footballs swim beneath me. Good luck to you and post your results if you can. I'm in Dawson Creek till about the 20th but its great hearing how the fishing is there.

Mish
12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't get to do much fishing all summer, can't wait to get out to Cow this winter. Been craving perch for the last couple months!

StrayArc
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
May be taking a trip out there sat to check it out, i'll post what i find. I'm new to the forum and find it very informative. any other good spots around red deer let me know thanks

StrayArc
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
nevermind, won't be headin out there.wrote my car off this morning on the ice. next week i guess