PDA

View Full Version : Fall NSR fishing

CanuckAngler11
10-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey so I've been using a lot of pickerel rigs with worms and a 2 ounce weight for the last couple months. Nothing. I am wondering if there is something better to use this time of year and how to fish it. Any help would be great!

Sundancefisher
10-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey so I've been using a lot of pickerel rigs with worms and a 2 ounce weight for the last couple months. Nothing. I am wondering if there is something better to use this time of year and how to fish it. Any help would be great!

Goldeyes and mooneyes have all migrated downstream now.

Within Edmonton you need to be wetting you bait in deeper holes like off of a tributary.

CanuckAngler11
10-26-2014, 02:33 PM
So jigs? I go out by legends

Sundancefisher
10-26-2014, 03:38 PM
So jigs? I go out by legends

Pickerel rigs should still work for walleye, pike and burbot. You just need to be in the right spot. Minnows and dew worms and the main choice of bait.

Walleye jigs in yellows, greens, blacks and reds are my preferred color. Speed this time of year is critical. Slow slow retrieve.

I would even consider hand tieing some jigs with marabou and short hackle feathers. Great action. White hair jigs can also work.

You can tip with some bait. Other choice would be small diving rapalas. Silver or bronze.

CanuckAngler11
10-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks!

Red Bullets
10-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Minnows in the fall.

A lead head jig, no rubber tail, with a minnow thru the eyes, bounced in very slowly. The colder the water, the slower the presentation.

chriscosta
10-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Not usual spots but close to them ...just deeper and id say now is when patience pays off i find theyll bite like crazy for a cpl hrs a day ...but who knows when normally around 1 o clock i been finding but mind you i havent really landed much lately but the bites were there...i think they arent totally inhaling it anymore