PDA

View Full Version : 2015 lund 1775 lund impact

walleyejunkie
10-26-2014, 06:43 PM
hi ........... this is my first time on any forum..i,m looking for any feedback on the lund impact.i just ordered a 2015 1775 lund impact with the new merc. 115 hp. or 2.1litre.4 stroke this is my first new boat in the last 20 yrs.i sold my 1995 17.5 sylvan pro select with the Johnson high performance 115. it was a great pkg. I hope the new owner is as happy as I was.any feed back will be appreciated . thanks

Pixel Shooter
10-26-2014, 06:53 PM
beautiful boat, big congrats. Personally if it is rated higher, go bigger outboard like a 150hp. I personally like the outboards, space is a premium for me, plus cheaper to service and fix. I bet spring can't come soon enough :)

walleyejunkie
10-26-2014, 08:25 PM
thanks for the reply,i,m excited to get it,s rated for a 125 hp.the new merc. 115 hp.is lighter and has more torque and more top end is = to a 123 hp

Winch101
10-27-2014, 08:21 AM
I've been in that boat with a 115 - 4 strk ....2 guys ,big lunch
It went 40 Ish

It went better with a 130 ETec ...I'm a Merc guy

Just curious ,where did you purchase this ..

walleyejunkie
10-27-2014, 09:08 AM
I looked at different dealers and settled on barry jays marine in edm.i got positive feedback from some lund owners who had dealt with this dealer.sales person was dieter . very helpful ...

Jamie Black R/T
10-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I bought the 1875 impact with 150 4 stroke.

they are awesome. very stable and tons of storage. Handles rough water well too.

I went with the 1875 so I had room for the two rear swivel seats with the jump seat in the down position. Glad I did!

you will love the boat.

Big Sky
10-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Awesome boat! Congrats.

If you are getting a front mount electric trolling motor, get a 24 volt. You won't be disappointed.

Get an onboard charger.

The fold down rear deck is a nice option. So is the non-carpeted flooring..... cleans up easy and looks good.

Enjoy the new boat!

tight line
10-27-2014, 11:10 PM
I looked at different dealers and settled on barry jays marine in edm.i got positive feedback from some lund owners who had dealt with this dealer.sales person was dieter . very helpful ...

I bought my Princecraft 17ws Xpedition from them, and love the boat and had no issues with the little bit of warranty work they have done for me! They seem too stay true to their word! And remember your name!

walleyejunkie
10-28-2014, 07:57 AM
thanks for the feed back guys. I ordered the 1775 with the new merc 115 and a s/s prop which is =to a 123 hp and the boat is maxed at 125 hp.i left out the rear jump seat as this is mostly a fishing boat.i ordered 3 pro seats/air ride one being a pilot chair with arm rests for the captain .2 under console drawers,travel cover,complete top set , 3 step boarding ladder ,port / stb rod locker tubes , bow cargo nets , 60'' minnkota 70 I pilot power drive and a galv. trailer

Jamie Black R/T
10-28-2014, 10:51 AM
the rear jump seat on mine has never been used as a seat but it sure makes a nice big casting deck

walleyejunkie
10-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Awesome boat! Congrats.

If you are getting a front mount electric trolling motor, get a 24 volt. You won't be disappointed.

Get an onboard charger.

The fold down rear deck is a nice option. So is the non-carpeted flooring..... cleans up easy and looks good.

Enjoy the new boat!

thanks big sky.............. I kept my own chg. and my new 7" law.hi def. fish finder and they will install them for me ( bonus )I am getting a 24 volt mink. front mount 60 " 70 lb trolling motor

Big Sky
10-28-2014, 02:57 PM
I kept my own chg. and my new 7" law.hi def. fish finder and they will install them for me ( bonus )I am getting a 24 volt mink. front mount 60 " 70 lb trolling motor

You'll love the 24v Minn Kota. I'm assuming it has I-pilot. Lots of fishing time between charges! The ability to create a track is a handy feature, but what I love is the anchor function. You can use it instead of your traditional anchor (no more pulling up the anchor! ) but, IMO, where it really shines is when you're trolling and you get a fish on. Hit the anchor button and the boat will stay in place while you land the fish*. No more drifting off of your path. No more trying to control the boat while you land your fish.

* This takes a little getting used to. Depending on the wind direction, the MinnKota will react differently. When fishing with the wind, the motor will spin the boat into the wind as it keeps it in place. Against the wind, the boat should stay pointed forward. You'll figure it out after a couple of times.

If you're considering running a 2nd sonar up front, you might want them to pre-wire it. There is corrugated tube that you can run your power cable to the main battery, but for whatever reason, it was a pain in the butt to fish the wire through. I did some serious cussing.

Your MinnKota might have a universal sonar, so you'd just need a short connection that would be specific to your Lowrance. That part is a piece of cake.

A new boat is a lot of fun! Enjoy.

kcward
10-28-2014, 11:07 PM
I have the 1775 with the mercury 115 4 stroke. I put on the vengence stainless prop and it works great. It seems to get out of the hole quicker than the stock aluminum prop. I 2nd the feedback on the ipilot 24 volt electric...it works awesome! I wouldn't be without that now...never use the anchor and it charges up with an onboard 3 bank charger very nice. I do wish mine had the 125 on it in some ways, but i'm told that insurance cost is higher over 42mph.
I put a hull defender on the front, but wish I would have done it right away, as I have a few rocks from prior. I'm sure you will enjoy the set up - we love ours! 140 hours on it in two summers!

EZM
10-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Awesome boat - you will not be disappointed.

Keep in mind prop pitch will determine your hole shot and top speed - this is secondary to horse power.

My 18' Tyee will do well over 80 km/hr ( 53mph ) with a high pitch speed prop - but I put on a low 17 pitch solas and the top speed dropped to 44 mph but I can troll down to 2.6 mph on the main motor. Motor is a 150 Honda - they will be similar in power to weight ratio when comparing your boat to mine so I'd expect similar results.

The low pitch prop also jumps the boat onto plane in 2 - 2.5 seconds which the speed prop can't do in under 4 seconds - so there are trade offs.

Water sports - pulling fat people up on skis - you will also want a lower pitch prop.

Keep in mind - trolling with a high pitch speed prop is nearly impossible ( no boat control and idles well over 3.5 mph which is too fast for most fishing).

The 115 will give you more than adequate power for that boat if you go to a lower pitched prop ( or something moderate ) so my advice is not to get focused on top speed and a high pitch prop.

Either way - congrats on your Lund - You should be very happy with it.

TJG
10-29-2014, 03:40 PM
thanks for the feed back guys. I ordered the 1775 with the new merc 115 and a s/s prop which is =to a 123 hp and the boat is maxed at 125 hp.i left out the rear jump seat as this is mostly a fishing boat.i ordered 3 pro seats/air ride one being a pilot chair with arm rests for the captain .2 under console drawers,travel cover,complete top set , 3 step boarding ladder ,port / stb rod locker tubes , bow cargo nets , 60'' minnkota 70 I pilot power drive and a galv. trailer

Very nice boat! All u are missing(lol) is a Vantage in the rear. Back trolling and boat control are job 1 in walleye fishing. With that Merc it should come w/rpm control and that is nice when pulling cranks and even spinners. Congrats and enjoy!!!

kcward
10-29-2014, 09:36 PM
I also put on the smart gauge with the trolling adjustment, drops the rpm down and slows the speed to under 2mph. The nice thing is when you get into windy situations trolling you can also crank up the rpm with the digital gauge setting your speed where you want it. It also monitors temp etc, and gives you the hour meter as well.
Enjoy!!

walleyejunkie
10-29-2014, 09:58 PM
thanks for the feed back..do you find your hull defender a pain when loading your boat as it gets in your way..i was told that a bow rock guard is the way to go ??? one is $500.00 and the defender is $ 1000.00 what is your response to these two bow guards

Sled Dog
10-31-2014, 08:02 PM
A70 pound 24 volt Minn Kota will move that boat around easily I have the same unit on my 20' Alaskan and its plenty, even in a fairly stiff wind