PDA

View Full Version : Forks This Weekend

Fishslayer99
10-27-2014, 08:05 AM
With the weather co-operating for now I was planning on heading down to the forks this weekend. just curious how busy it may be, or if the sturg are still around?
I have only fished there once before and don't know if it will be worthwhile this time of the year...by worthwhile I mean I would be happy with one fish.

WayneChristie
10-27-2014, 08:49 PM
havent been down for a few weeks, but the walleye guys will be elbow to elbow this time of year. according to the local biologist, this is the slowest fall sturgeon wise in the last 7 years, not much action in the past month or more Ive found. if they are biting I think night would be your best chance.

Fishslayer99
10-28-2014, 09:32 AM
havent been down for a few weeks, but the walleye guys will be elbow to elbow this time of year. according to the local biologist, this is the slowest fall sturgeon wise in the last 7 years, not much action in the past month or more Ive found. if they are biting I think night would be your best chance.

Wayne,

Thanks for the reply...glad I got a bite, thought this post was going to go stale. I was at the forks about a month ago for the first time, fished for 9 hours without a bite and finally got my first sturgeon around 10pm. I guess not much has changed in the last month, thinking I might not show up until 5 or 6pm start a fire and fish the night away (im hooked now, wonder why I didn't try this years ago!) Tightlines....and thanks again Wayne!