PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Lake By PCR

Fishslayer99
10-28-2014, 02:10 PM
https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.1290295,-113.7926695,1256m/data=!3m1!1e3

Does anyone have any info on this lake?
It is a large body of water but has limited access, I was camping at willow creek 2 years ago and walked to the spillway side of the lake.

I was very tempted to fish it but thought because I had no info on it I better not push my luck.(not sure what kind of regs would apply) While standing on the rocks I saw some large fish breach the surface 6-8 lb by the length and width. It was not a pike or walleye, it was silver in color maybe a big whitefish or sucker?

The inflow to this lake is via a creek that comes out of chain lakes, on the spillway side it forms willow creek I think? and also has a separate canal that flows into PCR. Curious to know if there are fish in the lake and what kind may be in there, also if it would be legal to fish it hard water or not?

Anyone who has any info I would greatly appreciate the reply's, this has been bugging me for a couple of years!:snapoutofit:

Kokanee9
10-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Excellent lake. Limited out on sturgeon and Lake trout there.

chriscosta
10-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Used to be great for bass hehe

WayneChristie
10-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Used to be great for bass hehe

still good for bass. even caught the odd crappie in there. ! no wahoo though, didnt have any octopuss for bait that day

AlbertaCutthroat
10-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Lots of people used to fish it, not sure how it is now. Had some surprising fish for sure in the years after it was built. I'd imagine its still good.

dean2287
10-28-2014, 09:56 PM
I was curious about this little reservoir also. According to a report I found on PCR:

"The project features a diversion weir on Willow Creek which feeds water to an off-stream storage reservoir, reducing the potential for environmental impacts on the creek. During Willow Creek's low-flow periods, water from Pine Coulee Reservoir can also be diverted back to supplement creek flows"

It wouldn't be stocked, so I guess it would just be whatever fish made it there through the channel.

Don Andersen
10-29-2014, 09:27 AM
This dam should contain the same fish as Willow Creek - brown, Brookie & rainbows - may even be some whitefish.
It is also possible that pike may exist.
Coarse fish could include suckers & burbot.
There is a road access to the dam face.

Don

dean2287
10-29-2014, 04:05 PM
This dam should contain the same fish as Willow Creek - brown, Brookie & rainbows - may even be some whitefish.
It is also possible that pike may exist.
Coarse fish could include suckers & burbot.
There is a road access to the dam face.

Don

Didn't realize Willow Creek was that prolific...does anyone fly fish on it?

70chevy
10-29-2014, 05:05 PM
It falls under the same regs as willow creek.Fish and Wildlife told me this

AlbertaCutthroat
10-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Didn't realize Willow Creek was that prolific...does anyone fly fish on it?

Yes. Very seasonal fishery along that stretch though. Check fwmis for an idea of what you're looking at.

spinN'flyfish
10-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Also its popular for catching brookies as part of the Stewardship Program, one of the streams in the project

Fishslayer99
10-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Also its popular for catching brookies as part of the Stewardship Program, one of the streams in the project

Thanks for all the feedback! I guess I will have to give it a try...bit of a hike to get in there but a little exercise is all part of the game!

spinN'flyfish
10-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! I guess I will have to give it a try...bit of a hike to get in there but a little exercise is all part of the game!

yes indeed. Have fun :sHa_shakeshout:

jacenbeers
10-31-2014, 08:43 PM

You should troll it.

Fishslayer99
11-02-2014, 08:42 PM
You should troll it.

Troll it? Might be a little tough to get my boat in there!