PDA

View Full Version : Rapala Cruzer flip over

degasvegas
11-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Hey all, does anyone have any experience with the Rapala series of flip over tents? I sat in the Cruzer M3 at the fishing hole over the weekend and it is giant inside. The bench in there provides lots of seating space. I just don't know what the reliability of these tents are. I had been looking at the Frabill Trekker Deluxe at Cabelas but I'm thinking of taking the plunge on this Rapala.

JohnnyD
11-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Dont forget to consider the sled as well. I have no experience owning a rapala shack. The bases do seem quite thing and flimsy when compared with others.

wellpastcold
11-10-2014, 02:54 PM
I looked at them too. I came to the opinion that they were not high quality. I expect the ice gear I buy to stand up and it just seemed a little under built.

degasvegas
11-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I feel the same way about how flimsy it feels. I thought it would be a great tent to bring the family out in, but I don't want it to last only one season either. I think I've made up my mind on the Frabbil Trekker Dlx. Now to start begging the wife!

vital shok
11-10-2014, 08:05 PM
What's the price in both those if you don't mind me asking

rcales
11-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Spend the money and get one with swivelling seats that move back and forth like they have in the clam's. Clam has a better quality tent as well. I think all the sleds are too thin it's a must to put runners on if you are pulling them with a quad or snowmobile.

degasvegas
11-10-2014, 09:58 PM
The Rapala 3 man is 529 @ The Fishin Hole. The Frabill Trekker Dlx is 699 @ Can Tire.

HuyFishin
11-11-2014, 09:19 AM
i don't like the quality of rapala products sometimes :(

I would stick to eskimo's higher end line if you're looking for quality

degasvegas
11-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Its a dine line between price and quality. I don't want to break the bank but still want a fair quality product.