PDA

View Full Version : restricting access to stocked ponds

skykomish sunrise
11-18-2014, 11:06 AM
there's a discussion happening in regards to leduc by law telling people they are not allowed and will be fined if they ice fish on the reservoir.. I'm expecting a call from the Sargeant to further discuss the issue.if anyone has any information or links they could provide regarding maintaining or prevention of access to a stocked pondthat would be great.

Okotokian
11-18-2014, 11:10 AM
That's a pretty common practice with urban reservoirs. No ice fishing, no skating for fear of dropping water levels under the ice. Can't be on the Glenmore in Calgary or drainage ponds here in Okotoks.

kevinhits
11-18-2014, 11:54 AM
From what I hear in Mahogany..SE Calgary, once the lake has been stocked, they are sectioning off a portion for ice fishing and the association will pre drill holes for us

Okotokian
11-18-2014, 05:27 PM
From what I hear in Mahogany..SE Calgary, once the lake has been stocked, they are sectioning off a portion for ice fishing and the association will pre drill holes for us

Those sorts of lakes are usually built for recreation by the developer (as opposed to a reservoir), so almost alway have icefishing, ice skating, etc. on them. I'd love to live on or near one. :)

spinN'flyfish
11-18-2014, 07:07 PM
there's a discussion happening in regards to leduc by law telling people they are not allowed and will be fined if they ice fish on the reservoir.. I'm expecting a call from the Sargeant to further discuss the issue.if anyone has any information or links they could provide regarding maintaining or prevention of access to a stocked pondthat would be great.

Yikes! I guess its for the safety of everyone, so I'll think I'll take Leduc off my list. Thanks for telling everyone

lsxfirebird
11-19-2014, 12:55 PM
It was me who the bylaw called and threatened with a $10 000 fine, i talked to leduc rcmp and the bylaw officer and they defiantly wont be allowing ice fishing anytime soon they seem to have a very poor view on fishermen. Im going to go out on a limb and say that they had problems in the past because i fished it a few years back when they used to make a skating area on it and i never had any problems, mind you this was 5-6 years ago