PDA

View Full Version : Blood Indian Res. Info

Stella
11-19-2014, 11:42 AM
I am going to be visiting my parents at xmas in the Hat and hopefully there will be enough ice to fish at this time of year. Question I have is I want to take the nieces and nephews fishing for the day and have heard some good things about Blood Indian. I was hoping that maybe someone would be willing to PM me some info about where to head on the lake or a general area to start fishing. Not looking for honey holes, just looking for an area to start and fish. Kids are young so if I can start them in an area where there might be some action it will make it a better day for me too!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Moefoe
11-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Apparently Blood Indian has been over run with illegally introduced Prussian Carp...fortunately they are easy to catch! Speaking with a Danish buddy of mine who's home lake back in Denmark was full of them, he gave me a full proof method of catching buckets of them. Find a likely looking spot drill a hole then from there fan out 30' in either direction drilling as many holes as you like, he suggested 15-20. Drop a dozen or so kernels of corn down every hole, chill out for an hour and according to him there should be piles of fish in your area. He used hand lines with 2 pieces of corn on a hook, got the family and kids involved and caught a 100 fish a day. Now having said that here in Alberta we do have strict and necessary fishing laws and I'm not sure what is essentially chumming for illegal Carp in there...is it on the up and up I'm not sure!! If you do catch some leave em for the birds!

TROLLER
11-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Spent a long day on Blood this past Sept. and never caught or heard of anyone catching any carp.

Never fished it from the ice so cannot give you any idea's other than most of the locals seemed to be fishing the east side of the lake.

Would it not be closer to you to maybe think about Fourty Mile or Grassy?

pinelakeperch
11-19-2014, 04:20 PM
You'll do well almost anywhere on the ice at Blood. I usually catch around ten in an afternoon in the winter.

The Reel Deal
11-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Drop a dozen or so kernels of corn down every hole, chill out for an hour and according to him there should be piles of fish in your area.

yes, this is chumming and illegal regardless of the species you are targeting.

huntsfurfish
11-19-2014, 05:52 PM
yes, this is chumming and illegal regardless of the species you are targeting.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chris84
11-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Blood Indian can be good, but it can also be quite slow. There are plenty of other options closer to the Hat than Blood Indian. Murray Lake, Michele, Reesor, Elkwater, Grassy, Rattlesnake are all closer to the Hat.

Good luck

pinelakeperch
11-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Has anyone on here actually caught a Prussian Carp in Blood? I keep hearing rumours of it but I haven't caught one or heard of anyone that I know personally that has caught one.

Secret coulee
11-20-2014, 09:27 PM
X2 im in the same boat jhutter.have yet to see any proof and prey i do not

silvercloud
11-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Has anyone on here actually caught a Prussian Carp in Blood? I keep hearing rumours of it but I haven't caught one or heard of anyone that I know personally that has caught one.

ESRD has.....at the meeting they had down there they said they caught both large and small carp in their test nets in August. I can think of lots of descriptive adjectives to use here, but none forum-acceptable :) so I'll go with "poor".

Jason

pinelakeperch
11-21-2014, 10:00 AM
ESRD has.....at the meeting they had down there they said they caught both large and small carp in their test nets in August. I can think of lots of descriptive adjectives to use here, but none forum-acceptable :) so I'll go with "poor".

Jason

That's too bad. I'll be out there in a few weeks, it'll be curious to see if any turn up.

Bill L
11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Thought i saw a post with pictures on here somewhere about carp in Blood. Spent three days there in September and only caught Rainbows.