PDA

View Full Version : Fishing charter in puerto Vallarta recommendations.

mooseknuckle
11-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Gonna be in PV late March early April. Just wondering if anyone had any positive or negative experiences they wish to pass along. Looking to book a boat for a full day of deep sea fishing. Looking for a recommendation for an outfitter.

hacman
11-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Its been about 6 years ago now but I booked a solo trip with Masterbaiters, made contact with them by email about a month prior and went down to the marina to do the booking once we got there. Stan was the one who set me up and was good to deal with. Booked a smaller Panga boat but for just myself it was fine. It was actually faster than the bigger boats, we were first out of the Bay, which is an hour ride before wetting a line. Fish weren't biting in the deep so they suggested staying off Punta Mita. Caught fish all day, mostly trolling, mackeral, pargo, jack crevalle and lost a big rooster fish. Cost me $400 for an 8 hr trip.

mooseknuckle
11-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Its been about 6 years ago now but I booked a solo trip with Masterbaiters, made contact with them by email about a month prior and went down to the marina to do the booking once we got there. Stan was the one who set me up and was good to deal with. Booked a smaller Panga boat but for just myself it was fine. It was actually faster than the bigger boats, we were first out of the Bay, which is an hour ride before wetting a line. Fish weren't biting in the deep so they suggested staying off Punta Mita. Caught fish all day, mostly trolling, mackeral, pargo, jack crevalle and lost a big rooster fish. Cost me $400 for an 8 hr trip.

Cool!! Thank you, had a look at their website. Will consider them.

msk
11-25-2014, 03:16 PM
I went with Danny Gomez for a day trip back 2 Xmas's ago. He was awesome, worked his tail off all day. Not cheap tho, 800 bucks plus tip for his panga. We were faced with really high winds, but we plowed through and made it out to Corbentena. Had a big tuna on (100+lbs) but it broke off. Good day overall and would go with him again.

Okotokian
11-25-2014, 04:26 PM
solo trip with Masterbaiters,

Oh jeez LOL :sHa_shakeshout:Of course it would be a solo trip.