PDA

View Full Version : Spray Ice Report?

iliketrout
11-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Anyone been past Spray in the last few days? How's the ice coming along?

Dan Foss
11-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Phone Wapiti Sports in canmore. They are your best source for updates.

Spray is usually one of the last lakes to freeze up due to the serious winds that pop up almost every afternoon. Once it is fully covered though the ice builds quickly. It's just getting that first layer all the way across and having it be cold enough for two straight days to withstand the wind.

Typically it doesn't have ice this time of year yet. But we had a odd past couple days with the heavy fog with no wind.

TROLLER
11-20-2014, 10:01 AM
I usually put Spray on my Boxing Day list of things to do.

Too deep and long a lake to risk anything less than 12 inches of ice or more for me.

iliketrout
11-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Understood, I have fished it countless times. Last year we got out in early December with 8-9" of clear solid ice. Not planning to head out this weekend, it would be next weekend earliest. Just wondering if the cold snap has jump started the ice production.

Heavy K
11-20-2014, 12:40 PM
On Sunday, there was a thin veneer of spooky looking ice on the Northwest end. It was wide open at Driftwood as far as the eye could see. It'll be a while yet.

HK

iliketrout
11-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks Heavy. Thought there would have been a bit more. Guess it will be a while yet.