PDA

View Full Version : Camera

yoteblaster
11-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Would like to try ice fishing this year with a camera. Any suggestions, things to look for, pros and cons thks in advance. Oh and I will be fishing out of a shack

huntsfurfish
11-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Recommend Marcum.

Buy the biggest and best u can afford.

They do not work well in dirty or stained water. But if the water is quite clear you will love it.

Heck, I enjoy watching the fish as much as catching them.

yoteblaster
11-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Are certain fish types camera shy? Do you recommend drilling a separate hole outside the shack for the camera? How are they powered?

huntsfurfish
11-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I havent fished for whitefish but many say they are camera shy so I wont comment on that. Walleye sometimes are a little shy around the camera but pike and perch are not.

I frequently set my cameras outside the hut looking back to the inside. I also use aqua vu Mo Pods to remotely move the cameras.

Itching to get out this season.

Fishslayer99
11-25-2014, 10:53 PM
I havent fished for whitefish but many say they are camera shy so I wont comment on that. Walleye sometimes are a little shy around the camera but pike and perch are not.

I frequently set my cameras outside the hut looking back to the inside. I also use aqua vu Mo Pods to remotely move the cameras.

Itching to get out this season.

Whitefish are certainly camera shy, that being said if the water is clear enough and you can place your camera 15+ feet away and still see them that is usually far enough to not spook them too much. That also depends on what kind of mood they are in, very picky fish with my experience.

I prefer to not even use a camera when targeting whites, make sure you have a dark shack and sight fish them down the hole.

YeeHaw
11-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Another vote for the Marcum cam. Only complaint is the camera do not come with hooks attached for when pike attack it.