PDA

View Full Version : Big trout within 45 min from Edmonton

Game Hunter
11-29-2014, 11:04 PM
;) hit up one of my secret lake x hot spots ;) thought Ide share the pics.
Enjoy. Stay safe out there.

Game Hunter
11-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Biggest 3 trout were 16-18 inches.

VanIsleGuy
11-29-2014, 11:06 PM
I can't read the tape, 17 inches??

VanIsleGuy
11-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Oh ok, nice fish!

Game Hunter
11-29-2014, 11:10 PM
The day was very cold. Got a flat tire, trucked in 12-18 inches of snow, hiked 1 km. totally worth the effort, slow day today but landed 8 total.
We had a blast!!

VanIsleGuy
11-29-2014, 11:10 PM
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q686/VanIslandGuy/image-2_zpsa7a8cbb8.jpeg

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q686/VanIslandGuy/P1010004_zpsea37c126.jpg

Here's the ones that I got last year, probably the same lake!

Game Hunter
11-29-2014, 11:12 PM
I can't read the tape, 17 inches??

;) bad pic I know. The bottom guy stretched and pinched made it to 18. Was pretty happy with the outcome.

Adwittoutdoors
11-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Meh.........-34 wasn't that cold :sHa_sarcasticlol: Good old lake X eh. :sHa_shakeshout:

waterninja
11-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Very nice rainbows. Congrats. The thought of you dragging all your gear in deep snow that far with the temps the way they are makes me shiver.

Mayhem
11-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Nice haul! Great way to start the season.

BanffOrBust
11-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Those are beauties. Nice and healthy.

madman
11-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Nice fish! Can't imagine how good it would feel to get a fish on the line. Maybe this week. Thanks for posting.

Mad

Game Hunter
11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys, it was quite exciting hooking these fish.
I lost a good sized one in the morning (swimming in the tent and back down the hole) was disappointed as the day was slow then in the pm oh man the first big one landed there was water flying, feet all over the holes, as I intended to keep my catch. I think I might of even rolled abit hahaha. The bigger trout are unreal under water and on ice. Kinda like that pic a while back ninja fish.
My pics kinda sucked, but here's one my fishing buddy sent.
Thanks for the kind words.
Kevin

Game Hunter
11-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Lasagna for lunch

binnzer32
11-30-2014, 07:11 PM
Nice I got a 21 incher today and my fishin buddy lost one close to the same. A lot slower for me than most years and very non agressive. They wouldn't touch a jigging spoon only somewhat still baits.

gnugen
12-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm selling some small jigging spoons for bows. Check my signature. Can paint custom colours.

antler1
12-27-2014, 02:36 PM
hit up one of my secret lake x hot spots thought Ide share the pics.
Enjoy

Really? Ok- so you got yourself a good spot and want to keep it that way. Understandable.
But the posting pix are really grade 2 playground tactics. One little kid boasting about what he has to the others. Its not that special....

CanuckShooter
12-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Enjoy

Really? Ok- so you got yourself a good spot and want to keep it that way. Understandable.
But the posting pix are really grade 2 playground tactics. One little kid boasting about what he has to the others. Its not that special....

Do I sense a little envy going on here....hahahaha. He has a secret and he won't tell!! :)

Red Bullets
12-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Not such a secret place.... it's within 45 minutes of Edmonton. :medium-smiley-035:

Nice fish though.

EZM
12-27-2014, 03:47 PM
People posting their pics directly from photobucket links and/or from their i-phones have no secrets.

savagencounter
12-27-2014, 07:50 PM
East pit lake ?

Brandonkop
12-27-2014, 07:59 PM
I understand you can keep what you want and your limit, but did you mean to keep those Brood Stock Rainbows? How did they taste?

Adwittoutdoors
12-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Only 26 days later. Wow. Nice reply antler1. Everyone has a lake x or spot. Try using the pm function you'd be surprised how friendly the AO community is. The forum needs more pictures posted. I guess a guy when posting has to give gps coordinates and type of bait / lure too eh. :sHa_sarcasticlol: sour grapes I say. Sheeeesh. Have a nice evening. :sHa_shakeshout:

Game Hunter
12-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Enjoy

Your an odd one.. But entitled a post, I guess.
Pictures shared on this community forum was not to gloat but more to ignite a fire for others to get out and find good spots close to home. I've worked hard finding spots. Suck it up

Hope the rest of you guys had a good Christmas and fished alot!
Take care. Kevin

Game Hunter
12-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I understand you can keep what you want and your limit, but did you mean to keep those Brood Stock Rainbows? How did they taste?

These fish tasted not too bad! Hardly do I keep much from this location, wanted to try older larger trout. They get a bit larger as well than 18" and hopefully for years to come. To be honest, Ide highly recommend trout in the 12 inch range for best flavour, and keep the larger fish in the lakes to catch.

Bhflyfisher
12-27-2014, 11:20 PM
I dont know what the fuss is about.

Spend 3 of your own days (one day at each) at star, sauer(if it didnt winterkill), east pit. You have "decent" trout through the ice. Close to edmonton. You could even go out to lamont. Making a big deal out of nothing, 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish. So have at er.

Or alternatively, just have a look at the stocking reports, and winterkill reports. Write out a list of all the ones near edmonton, and cross off the ones that have had complete winterkills for the last 1-2 years in a row.

Its not difficult.

Mike_W
12-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Lasagna for lunch

Cool little grill got anymore pics of how it attaches tobthe heater?

Thanks for sharing!

chriscosta
12-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Nice fish thanks for posting ... its not hard to see why people dont post pics on here ..itz a dam shame ....keep up the catchin most of us like to see the pics

huntsfurfish
12-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Enjoy

You are/seem to be quite lucky. The mods had been cracking down on posts criticizing pictures.

Must be because of Christmas(or they havent noticed it yet).:)

At any rate, posts like that are not needed!

wildwoods
12-28-2014, 05:33 PM
You are/seem to be quite lucky. The mods had been cracking down on posts criticizing pictures.

Must be because of Christmas(or they havent noticed it yet).:)

At any rate, posts like that are not needed!

Agree^^^
Let's be honest. The reason any one if us posts pics is to glory in success and encourage others to find theirs too. As mentioned previously, a simple PM on this forum goes a long way. I've given away hotspots and gleaned a lot of info from folks on here.
KEEP THE PICS OF TRIPS COMING PEOPLE!

Redfrog
12-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Nice fish thanks for posting ... its not hard to see why people dont post pics on here ..itz a dam shame ....keep up the catchin most of us like to see the pics

Exactly.!!!!

Game Hunter
12-28-2014, 06:09 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Why, do you want to find out where my heater location is? :)
Kidding. Here you go mike. It's a painting tray that's easy to modify from Home Depot. The brackets I cut from a window covering rail. Slides in and out with ease.

Game Hunter
12-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Here's the bracket I made

chriscosta
12-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Some of you would be suprised how many pics and posts and reports dont make it on here anymore and end up posted elsewhere ....i see so many fishing posts a day and maybe 1 out of ten are on here as well ...i wish people would keep the neggative posts to themselves so more pocs and posts would be on here..

timsesink
12-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Went to Lake X today and got myself some nice ones!

jackrabbit000
12-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Muir, Hasse, Chickakoo, Sauer, Star, Spring, Peanut, East Pit are some trout lakes around Edmonton.

Bhflyfisher
12-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Muir, Hasse, Chickakoo, Sauer, Star, Spring, Peanut, East Pit are some trout lakes around Edmonton.

Muirs closed throught the winter.

Stay off.... :fighting0074:

Supergrit
12-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Nice fish. Very nice grill to woukdnt mind seeing another close up picture of it hot lassagnia sounds great on the ice

snowman160
12-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Enjoy

That's cause alberta fisherman are like locusts..move from on crop to the next cleaning em out..I have a friend that hammers limits of 12" perch everytime out an won't even tell me where..that's just the way it goes..