PDA

View Full Version : couple pics of mexican fish

waterninja
12-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi guys. Still can't figure out how to upload all the pics I took with my camera, so can't show off a lot of the fish I caught in Mexico, but my brother got a few of some from one of our outings. That big one I'm holding (and kissing) is an Amberjack. I forget what the middle one is. Sure had a good time fishing down there.

EZM
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Cool ..... how did it taste?

Sure is nice not to have to drill through the ice this time of year ....

binnzer32
12-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Middle one looks like a Spanish mackerel

Hi guys. Still can't figure out how to upload all the pics I took with my camera, so can't show off a lot of the fish I caught in Mexico, but my brother got a few of some from one of our outings. That big one I'm holding (and kissing) is an Amberjack. I forget what the middle one is. Sure had a good time fishing down there.

newell
12-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I think it's a Sierra or at least that's what my guide last year called that type of fish where were you fishing out of.

waterninja
12-02-2014, 09:34 AM
I think it's a Sierra or at least that's what my guide last year called that type of fish where were you fishing out of.
We were chartering out of Peurto Morraliss, about 40 kms. away from Cancun, and right next to Now Jade resort where we we were staying. Also caught about 7 more different species that I have know idea what they were called but Angel fish, King fish, File fish, Flat fish, Tuna fish, and Mackeral were in there. Neatest fish I was catching was about a 1 foot to 3 feet long and skinny as a pencil up to fat as a cigar. Only fish I didn't catch that I was hopeing to was a Barrucuda. Marlin and Sail fish were not in season.

FishAb
12-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Middle one looks like a spanish mackeral

newell
12-02-2014, 10:13 AM
That's funny I just got back from marina el CID and I was very impressed with the area. Sadly no fishing for me but it looks like I should have made it happen.

58thecat
12-02-2014, 10:17 AM
39 more sleeps than two weeks in Mexico, great pics.

Sceptreguy
12-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Nice looking fish. Wish I was there right now. Seems to be a pretty popular place as I was there 2 years ago as well.

Pikebreath
12-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Neatest fish I was catching was about a 1 foot to 3 feet long and skinny as a pencil up to fat as a cigar.

Likely a needlefish,,, did it have sharp teeth?

Did you get to keep any of the fish? A lot of Mexican captains like to keep the fish and sell them for extra cash.

waterninja
12-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Likely a needlefish,,, did it have sharp teeth?

Did you get to keep any of the fish? A lot of Mexican captains like to keep the fish and sell them for extra cash.
Yeh, the captain is also a chef at local restaurant and offered to cook the fish and serve us for free but we had other plans that night. He also made shuzimi right on boat for us. They were happy to keep fish and I know it was sold or went to feed family. Lots of the others I gave to locals who weren't catching much from shore. They were very gratefull.

tight line
12-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Glad you got into them!

YeeHaw
12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Good job old timer:)