PDA

View Full Version : Long Lake near Boyle

Alberta Bigbore
12-08-2008, 01:57 PM
just wondering how the winter and summer season was last year on Long lake on the way to boyle from edmonton/hwy28? pretty productive for the perch/walleye and pike? Any size to the perch?

Drewski Canuck
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
As for wether last season was productive for perch, walleye, and pike, I think general consensus is: Nope, Nope, & Nope!

All the same, if you want a treat, for Perch try North Buck, for Walleye try Calling, and for Pike try Hanmore.

Drewski

Alberta Bigbore
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
i used to fish North buck for 5 years almost every weekend when i was with my ex wife, as her father lives on the shores of it. I know the perch in there. Last i was there the size was down on them. You been there at all last year and seen any jumbos again? If worth while i may just have to call the Caslan genreal store and ask Ron if anyone is fishing yet and buying bait from him. If so...i may be at Golden Nodding or around the main campground S - curve. If not i think Carson is calling my name this weekend

Izumi
12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
As for wether last season was productive for perch, walleye, and pike, I think general consensus is: Nope, Nope, & Nope!

All the same, if you want a treat, for Perch try North Buck, for Walleye try Calling, and for Pike try Hanmore.

Drewski

X2...

Fished it Saturday. lots of ice but only hammer handles, 8-10" of ice.

I had a decent ICE season on Hanmore last year. Much larger pike.