PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tested any of the lakes in the Lac La Biche area

imhungry
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Any info on ice conditions up north would be appreciated.

Penner
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Heard of some guys on another post out on quad's fishing Beaver Lake last weekend. Otherwise I've heard nothing esle.

It does look like another year of heavy snow up there again. Several inches of snow on the ground as we speak already.

Alberta Bigbore
12-09-2008, 02:20 PM
i talked to Source for sports in Lac La Biche...they said i was nuts to even think of being on the ice yet on Beaver. They said if there is people....they arent going out very far. LOL

imhungry
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I heard about the snow up there about the second or third week of November. Just as you have said I am worried since the ice has been hit and miss for the last few years and I think it will be dangerous again all year.

Penner
12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Well one good thing about all the snow they have had up there over the past few years is that is really cuts back on the fishing pressure during the winter as access is limited to sled's only. This summer's fishing was the best I've seen up there in years. It has also help the water levels in most of the lakes bringing them back up to historical levels.

imhungry
12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Well one good thing about all the snow they have had up there over the past few years is that is really cuts back on the fishing pressure during the winter as access is limited to sled's only. This summer's fishing was the best I've seen up there in years. It has also help the water levels in most of the lakes bringing them back up to historical levels.

You are absolutly correct. It makes it more difficult and then people seem to stay home. Fine by me, as long as there is an even thickness of ice under the snow.

sparky660
12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Anyone been into Spencer or Siebert yet?

bull9898
12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Theres lots of ice on beaver i live lakefront at beaver and there was a damn truck on the ice yesterday there is 12 inchs all over the lake i have been every where with a quad.

Penner
12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Just curious. Is it a guestimated 12" or a measured 12"? Fishermen have been know to stretch things a bit. :lol: How much snow is on the ice?

bull9898
12-10-2008, 01:10 PM
It is a measured 12 just came in from fishing and moved my 10x10 wood shack out there with my truck there is 1.5ft to 2ft of snow that we got in the last couple of days so the ice is good under the snow there is no slush on the ice yet.

Alberta Bigbore
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
It is a measured 12 just came in from fishing and moved my 10x10 wood shack out there with my truck there is 1.5ft to 2ft of snow that we got in the last couple of days so the ice is good under the snow there is no slush on the ice yet.
just curious if you would know the snow conditions around caslan....being Chump and North Buck Lake? thx

The Elkster
12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Ouch that much snow. Are quads even getting around with that much snow on the ice? Coming up that way and wondering what to bring. Chains will now be on the list:)

bull9898
12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Ouch that much snow. Are quads even getting around with that much snow on the ice? Coming up that way and wondering what to bring. Chains will now be on the list:)

as of today i would bring your skidoo there is getting to be to much snow for a quad.

FisherPotch
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I was in the area last weekend and the ice was 7-5 inches depending how far off the shore a guy was. This was near n.buck. there was flood water from the snow on monday but on friday and saturday there was no flood water.