PDA

View Full Version : Which lake (around Lloyminster) is the best for whitefish or walleye?

huntinglover
12-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Hi All fishing masters at this forum,

May I get some answers about fishing whitefish and walleye around Lloyminster?

The following lakes:

Turtle Lake
Little Fishing Lake
Bronson Lake
Ministkwan Lake
Peck Lake
Brightsand Lake
Picnic lake

Question 1 :Which lake is the best for whitefish?
Question 2: Which lake is the best for walleye?

Any answer is welcome, Thanks and have a nice ice fish season!

SamSteele
12-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Haven't fished those lakes, but we catch Walleye at Makwa a fair bit and I got some whites while ice fishing there last year. About a 1.5 hr drive from Lloyd.

SS

Levy
12-07-2014, 06:52 PM
As far as I know picnic is a stocked trout lake. Peck is the best in the area for whites, and Ministikwan for walleye. I don't fish those lakes regularly, but that's what I hear from guys who do. From what I have heard lately is that lakes in that area are experiencing a collapse in populations in several species from too much angling and subsistence netting, which could be true or just rumors. You won't know unless you try.

SKSniper
12-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Tried Turtle a few times, only caught hammer handle pike. I have family in the area and apparently Brightsand is pretty much dead. That's all I know :)

huntinglover
12-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Thank you!

madman
12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Little Fishing is good for whites in the shallows, decent walleye if you can find them. Turtle is good for walleye, pike, whites and burbs, if you can find them. Peck for walleye but they are small. Bronson was winter killed years ago as far as i know but could hold fish now. Brightsand a waste of time. I grew up in St. Walburg so i get regular fish reports from the area, most of it B.S i'm sure. Ha.

Mad

dodgeboy1979
12-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Turtle has nice whitefish and walleye, go to the north end for the whites, and indian point for the eyes.

huntinglover
12-10-2014, 09:17 AM
I appreciate your replys.:)