PDA

View Full Version : EZ-locker

Rookie Recurve
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Anyone had any experience with these things? I think that I installed mine wrong as it did not disengage as advertised. And it only lasted about 1000km. Got a new one on warranty, but I am scared to install the darn thing. It was installed in a 97 chev with the 10 bolt and 33' rubber.

EZ-Locker
04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't have the EZ-Locker but i run a Powertrax lock rite which is pretty much identical, i haven't had any problems yet. Probably got 30-40000 on it. WHa t exactly happened to yours? Did the dogs strip? Did you test to see if it was unlocking while it was on jackstands with the diff cover still off?

Rookie Recurve
04-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I remember it disengaging on the jackstands. And the fact that both tires turned the same direction when on the stands. I believe my 'assistant' who did not believe in instructions might have caused the problem when he bent one of the four small springs. One side of cluth mechanism had its teeth worn right off. First I lost reverse, but was able to remove it before I lost forward! It disengaged very rough right from the start as well.

EZ Locker
04-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Sounds like you found out what your problem was, mine just gives a ratcheting sound when going slow around turns and stuff, i have read on some forums of them stripping the teeth for no real reason . When i bought mine about 3 yrs ago i had to wait about 4 months because they had the same problem due to bad castings, but that is the powertrax one .

Rookie Recurve
04-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the info, I will have to give it another go!