PDA

View Full Version : Carburn Pond ice report

spinN'flyfish
12-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Hey, I fished here in the summer and I know that it's a nice spot for pike. However I have never ice fished it. Has anyone gone on it yet? I saw some threads from '08 'bout ice fishin' it, heard of some success. Any feedback is accepted and I'm sure some ice info 'bout some local lakes nearby would be similar to Carburn.
Good ice fishin' to all

DiabeticKripple
12-07-2014, 11:03 PM
got wiped out by the floods in the spring. the third pond is now part of the river

spinN'flyfish
12-08-2014, 05:49 PM
got wiped out by the floods in the spring. the third pond is now part of the river

Yes the second one is the mentioned one not the third, unfortunately it was wiped out by the floods

the local angler
12-08-2014, 06:03 PM
i use to ice fish the second pond years ago when they still stocked it with rainbows. but i mainly targeted the perch for fun cause there was never any size to them but provided great fun all day and nice and close to home.

spinN'flyfish
12-08-2014, 08:51 PM
yes forgot to mention the perch, not that small compared to the past I'd say. Never knew they stocked bows in the second one. I know that you can skate on the lagoon (first pond) according to the website so drilling holes there is not an option. And the place is indeed a lovely urban fishery. Hope to try ice it for the first time