PDA

View Full Version : Perch back fromTaxidermist

chuck0039
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Well picked up my white perch from the Taxidermist friday. Had it added on to the mount and I love the way it looks. Here are a few pictures.

Rockymtnx
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Looks like a pretty good job.
Do you still have a picture from when you caught it? I remember when you posted it and it sure looked odd.
Who did the taxidermy work?

chuck0039
12-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah had to look but I found the picture from when I first caught it. Clarence Kriaski did the work. can't believe how much work he has to do by himself. no wonder it was a long wait but it was worth it.

Alberta Bigbore
12-09-2008, 03:41 PM
if you dont mind me asking...what did a mount like that run you? I remember that pic as well, some people were saying maybe it was frozen i do believe. Very nice mount, should make a great addition to any room.

chuck0039
12-09-2008, 03:46 PM
It was $225. to get done. I had the yellow one done the year before that and he re-did the base to accommodate the white one. I wasn't going to get another perch unless it was 17" (dream but might happen) but could not resist had to get this one done.

Dark
12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Clarence Kriaski does some nice work, and it should last for years, I had a pike mounted there about 20 years ago still looks good today. Did he do both fish?

I3igcircle
12-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Have always wondered how this works? So you go fish and catch one you want to have taxidermied, do you just take a picture and release and it is a model from the pic? Or do you do something to preserve the fish and the fish is actually preserved itself?

Battery
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
is that a species of perch or is it just disfigured?

Rockymtnx
12-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Have always wondered how this works? So you go fish and catch one you want to have taxidermied, do you just take a picture and release and it is a model from the pic? Or do you do something to preserve the fish and the fish is actually preserved itself?

You got it right.
Some fish are the actual fish and others are replicas. You have a choice of getting it done either way.
If you are getting the real deal, its best to take a picture of the fish right away to document the color.
If you are getting a replica, take a picture, length, girth, and even a weight if possible.

packhuntr
12-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Right on. Bet your glad ya didnt eat him now hey! Thats a perch of 10 lifetimes, myself and the wife enjoyed the photos immensely. Good for you!

Shmag
12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Never knew there was such a thing as white perch, :confused::huh::confused:

How many eye's did it have???:scared:

Jester
12-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Never knew there was such a thing as white perch, :confused::huh::confused:

How many eye's did it have???:scared:

There is only one "i" in White Perch...:D:wave:

btw....that's a nice mount you got there chuck..

Shmag
12-10-2008, 01:05 AM
There is only one "i" in White Perch...:D:wave:

btw....that's a nice mount you got there chuck..

LOL, i had to look long and hard to figure this one out. Yes i am an idiot:lol: Good one

Nice mount Chuck, thanks for sharing

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I really like that mount sweet deal.

FisherPotch
12-11-2008, 11:42 AM
A nice mount indeed. How big were those guys?

There are white and yellow perch but only th eyellow is native to AB

chuck0039
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
A nice mount indeed. How big were those guys?

There are white and yellow perch but only th eyellow is native to AB

The yellow one is just over 12" and the white is just under 12". Never knew that there was a white perch. F&W told me that the perch lost it's color due to a lack of oxygen. Apparently they have seen a few fish come out last winter white like this one.

FisherPotch
12-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Cool. Not sure why they would turn white due to a lack of O2. Sounds kinda fishy to me LOL. Non the less the colours of your yellow perch are quite unique, gotta love character. I'd have mounted it too. Nice fish no doubt.

Ya im for sure that in the eastern states they have white perch, a google search would likely turn up many more locatuions. They look similar to the one you caught.

Any one know of any good places to have a perch replica done up? I got the biggun on friday and I'd like to get a rep done up. I took all his measurements and lots of pics. Pics we be up tomorrow night when i can up load them.

Shmag
12-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Cool. Not sure why they would turn white due to a lack of O2. Sounds kinda fishy to me LOL. Non the less the colours of your yellow perch are quite unique, gotta love character. I'd have mounted it too. Nice fish no doubt.

Ya im for sure that in the eastern states they have white perch, a google search would likely turn up many more locatuions. They look similar to the one you caught.

Any one know of any good places to have a perch replica done up? I got the biggun on friday and I'd like to get a rep done up. I took all his measurements and lots of pics. Pics we be up tomorrow night when i can up load them.

You may want to try Borowski's in Sher-wood park, They do excellent work on fish and wildlife.

FisherPotch
12-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Shmag thats not to far out the way either.

CoyoteChallenger
12-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Love the colour of that grey perch. Awesome!

ULTRAlite
12-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Very nicely done... Here's hoping one will come home with me this winter :)

TundraBuck
12-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice.