PDA

View Full Version : Aqua vu

dvani
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey guys. Just wondering, I'm thinking of purchasing a aqua vu. I'm not sure if I want black and white or color. I wanna use for ice fishing but I've heard that if the water is mucky a colored screen is not the best way to go. Wondering if anyone has the colored screen and what are your opinions on it.

Thanks guys.

Jamie Black R/T
12-10-2014, 09:30 PM
If the water is murky the black and white does tend to be easier to see.

Most color cameras have the option to flip over to black and white anyway so no issue.

Buy a marcum.

bloopbloob
12-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Just replaced my last fish cam with a new Vexilar fish scout 800. It switches from color to b/w automatically depending on light conditions it senses, and I can't control it. Only used it once, but it already drives me nuts.

needmoretoys
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Go black and white for our water. Color sucks!

Jamie Black R/T
12-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Buy a marcum....it switches to black and white automatically when light gets low....and gives the option to do it manually.

huntsfurfish
12-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Buy a marcum....it switches to black and white automatically when light gets low....and gives the option to do it manually.

Agree
and buy a marcum.

marty1
12-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Hey guys. Just wondering, I'm thinking of purchasing a aqua vu. I'm not sure if I want black and white or color. I wanna use for ice fishing but I've heard that if the water is mucky a colored screen is not the best way to go. Wondering if anyone has the colored screen and what are your opinions on it.

Thanks guys.

Go with the Marcum and stick with black and white,colour in my view is wast of extra money it's really not needed,I've personally used both and black and white is the way to go.

CanadianBadass
12-11-2014, 10:18 AM
B&W is way better then color, I have the old VS380 by Marcum, and I lkove it, my buddy has a color, we put them side by side and I can see twice the distance !

Fishin' Fool
12-11-2014, 10:37 AM
I just picked up a cheap AV cam(715c). It lets you adjust the colour from 0 to 100.
I like that it can be recharged with an external connection. It seems to be pretty good in low light conditions and also has an adjustable LED(0-100 intensity).
I don't think the picture is quite as sharp as the ancient Aqua-Vu I inherited from Dad. :)

EZM
12-11-2014, 11:24 AM
I have the Marcum 825 which has the bigger 8" high resoulution screen that operates both in black/white and color. It's the "premium" version of the Marcum line up. I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra buck and if the "high resolution" thing was just a sales pitch. So I rolled the dice and went with the best model they manufacture.

They are pricey, but the clarity is amazing. I have compared it to the next level down, side by side on two seperate occasions, and it is, in fact, remarkably more clear, seems to penetrate further and certainly has the ability to pick out details both close and at a distance.

The black/white, like others have mentioned, gives you better penetration in low light.

The color, which when the water is clear, is amazing to look at.

It was probably the best money I have spent on ice fishing recently.

My best advice is to "buy the best your wallet can afford" in terms of cameras. Keep in mind you spend 8-10 hours looking at it all day during an ice fishing outing - why not have a crisp image to see whats coming in and circling around your bait.

Kim473
12-11-2014, 04:05 PM
I have the Marcum 825 which has the bigger 8" high resoulution screen that operates both in black/white and color. It's the "premium" version of the Marcum line up. I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra buck and if the "high resolution" thing was just a sales pitch. So I rolled the dice and went with the best model they manufacture.

They are pricey, but the clarity is amazing. I have compared it to the next level down, side by side on two seperate occasions, and it is, in fact, remarkably more clear, seems to penetrate further and certainly has the ability to pick out details both close and at a distance.

The black/white, like others have mentioned, gives you better penetration in low light.

The color, which when the water is clear, is amazing to look at.

It was probably the best money I have spent on ice fishing recently.

My best advice is to "buy the best your wallet can afford" in terms of cameras. Keep in mind you spend 8-10 hours looking at it all day during an ice fishing outing - why not have a crisp image to see whats coming in and circling around your bait.

X2- I have a 3 year old aqua-vu and wish I would have bought a Marcum. Pic is much clearer on the Marcum.

Willowtrail
12-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Another vote for the marcum. I've fished side by side Aqua views and the marcum is better picture

Jamie Black R/T
12-12-2014, 11:30 AM
There is an 825 marcum in the buy and sell right now for 400.

smoker of a deal