PDA

View Full Version : Changes to ice in the South?

bloom
12-12-2014, 04:57 PM
I was out on the lake last Sunday and had a good 6-8'', with the weather this week, has anyone noticed a big change?

Looking at lakes around Lethbridge/Medicine Hat

the pro
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
I was out on the lake last Sunday and had a good 6-8'', with the weather this week, has anyone noticed a big change?

Looking at lakes around Lethbridge/Medicine Hat

Not sure gonna go see what Jensen is like

whitetail Junkie
12-12-2014, 05:19 PM
I work in the country around leth/med hat....a few ponds and Lakes I saw solid in November now have some area's of open water....definatly have an eye.

Ggeorge
12-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I was at payne on mon there was 6-8 "good ice wit 2-3 "crap slush ice on top bad looking ice all over by the boat ramp plus very soft sloooow bite got skunked

George

WayneChristie
12-12-2014, 08:26 PM
lots of water and some holes around the edges, not so much water on top of the ice. its still pretty solid. caught half a dozen hammerhandles and 9 eyes today so it was worth walking thru the water, just be careful! and rain and snow in the forecast for tomorrow so that wont help

bloom
12-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys...looks like it's going to be Sunday. I'll post some info on ice when I get back.

madatter
12-13-2014, 02:39 PM
lots of water and some holes around the edges, not so much water on top of the ice. its still pretty solid. caught half a dozen hammerhandles and 9 eyes today so it was worth walking thru the water, just be careful! and rain and snow in the forecast for tomorrow so that wont help

I gotta get out to Newell sometime and try to tag out on my walleye tags.
Couldn't catch anything small enough in the boat.
I'm assuming you are at the "other" lake....

WayneChristie
12-13-2014, 03:17 PM
I gotta get out to Newell sometime and try to tag out on my walleye tags.
Couldn't catch anything small enough in the boat.
I'm assuming you are at the "other" lake....
Sitting on Jackfish in the snow right now. Fishing is pretty slow best so far only 7 or 8 pounds