PDA

View Full Version : Costco .... Tent and auger

Winch101
12-10-2008, 07:08 AM
There was a post on here last week about cheap tent and auger at costco

cant find it in Calgary ... anybody know which costco has product ...

Thanks W101

Alberta Bigbore
12-10-2008, 08:17 AM
i couldnt find it on thier websites either. Maybe sold out?

lolanr
12-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Was in the Lethbridge Costco last night and they had both tent and auger there.

sirmike68
12-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Sherwood Park Costco had the auger and a pallet of Eskimo Quick Fish 3 tents.

camshaft
12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Winch

As of a few days ago, the NW Costco had tons of both the augers and eskimo tents. I believe the tents were around $250. They are labeled as 3 man, but I am curious as to how they compare to the Ice Cube brand in terms of size and ease of setup.

The Eskimo brand was definately packaged smaller.

spurly
12-10-2008, 01:36 PM
how much are the augers?

Rumtan
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
What kind or augers were they? gas or hand?

Alberta Bigbore
12-10-2008, 02:15 PM
well i did a little research.

the Eskimo Quickfish III is thier (((3man))) model.

The Eastman Outfitters Ice Cube is their (((4 man))) model.
-this would also include the subzero from crappy tire.

now in my experience Eskimo would be a better made product...little better fabric, and possibly tougher components.

I checked the dimensions...

Eskimo Quickfish III
Capacity: 3 person
Setup Size: 70" x 70"
Hub to Hub: 90" x 90"
Height: 80"
Weight: 23 lbs.

Eastman Ouotfitters Ice Cube
* 4 Man
* Length:91 Inches
* Width:91 Inches
* Height:80 Inches
* Weight:23 Pounds

they are almost identical, ones short by 1" and i will say, 4 men in a Ice CUbe is a tight fish with any gear. Although the Ice cube website didnt give the setup size dimension, i assume its the same due to every other dimension being 1 inch bigger

The eskimo is like $240 at costco and the ice cube is about $280-$299 depending where you go around the city. (walmart, fishin hole, wholesale)

Save yourself some money and go with the eskimo. Im gonna pick one up to send to manitoba for when i need it, and another one for a back up here in alberta.

i havent been yet......but are the Eskimo tents green or the new red ones. Just wondering if maybe they are clearing out old stock?????

:D

Safety D
12-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Costco has 60 tents in at Sherwood Park. I am going to get one after work.... Yaaa!!!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-10-2008, 03:12 PM
What kind or augers were they? gas or hand?

Gas ... I do beleave , but I just spent 20 minutes searching both Costco .ca and Costco.com and no sign of ice tent nore auger , but I know they sell them ive seen them there previously , but we gave up our membership this year , just wasnt using it enough .

Eyeswideshut
12-10-2008, 04:36 PM
They have them in GP, IIRC its a 1.5hp 6" Eskimo auger,.. but I may be wrong.

sirmike68
12-10-2008, 10:30 PM
The Eskimo I bought at Costco was red.

Safety D
12-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Has anyone set up the Eskimo tent from Costco before? Is it quite easy?

Alberta Bigbore
12-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Has anyone set up the Eskimo tent from Costco before? Is it quite easy?

Since they are based on the Ice Cube design.. they are a snap. I can set a 4 man Ice Cube up myself (not including the ice anchors if need be) in under 30 seconds if its out of the case. the Ice cubes are rock solid in wind if anchored properly...so i assume the Eskimos are as well.

GummyMonster
12-12-2008, 01:17 AM
anybody get a price?

Safety D
12-12-2008, 08:18 AM
244 for tent and 369 for auger. They are flying out of Costco in Sherwood PK...

Alberta Bigbore
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
how many left in SHPK? im on my way there after dinner since i dont have to work tonight. I want to pick up 2 of them

Russ C
12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I know that in Calgary only the NW Costco has the augers and tents. Item #168893 Eskimo Quick Fish III $244.99 as of today 18 on hand. Item # 105279 Eskimo Mako Ice Auger $369.99 30 on hand. RC

HotHook
12-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I took a look at the ice auger in Costco today.
WAS NOT IMPRESSED!!!
The engine is a 40 cc so it is under 2 horse power.
Strikemaster had a 49cc motor (2hp) that was underpowered for an 8 inch
auger.This 40 cc motor on the auger I have never heard of.
Looked at the transmission on the auger,strickly mickey mouse.
I am not bashing Costco as I shop their store at least 2-3 times a week.
I personally feel that this is not the best auger on the market right now.
I would look for the augers that have done a good job in the past.

Cheers
HotHook

hogsmoker
12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Alberta Bigbore

You mentioned that you were going to Sh.Park Costco for a tent, do they still have the tents for sale??

Alberta Bigbore
12-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey Alberta Bigbore

You mentioned that you were going to Sh.Park Costco for a tent, do they still have the tents for sale??

yes sir....i just got back from the fishin hole, costco and a long night at walmart. Picked up a Eskino Quickfish III and they had 24-26 left when i put mine in the cart.

let me say.................... The quickfish III is IMHO better than both generations of Ice Cube 4 man tents ive owned. 4 windows, not 2. And 2 vents, not 1. the material is heavier, seems more durable. The seams look better. and its a cool red color, giving passing fisherman in thier vehicles a taget to run you down:evilgrin:

I dont knwo what the Ice Cubes look like yet for this year, but i heard they upgraded a tad.

and............. you cant even notice the difference between standing in a Quickfish III 3 man tent or a Ice Cube 4 man tent for size...... i guess the place where the Ice Cube 4 man is built has a community of really small people. you can fit 3 adults for sure with a bunch of gear or a cozy fit of 4 people with a rod and some gear id say

FisherPotch
12-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Good shopping report going here!! If I don't get one of teh used forum I might just get into one of these tents. Anyone know when the sale ends? When they are all gone?

Alberta Bigbore
12-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Good shopping report going here!! If I don't get one of teh used forum I might just get into one of these tents. Anyone know when the sale ends? When they are all gone?

pretty much when they are gone.

i heard that earlier this week, they had 60 units, now down to just over 20. you better haul it. they are $244, and IMHO its well spent.

12-13-2008, 12:06 AM
yes sir....i just got back from the fishin hole, costco and a long night at walmart. Picked up a Eskino Quickfish III and they had 24-26 left when i put mine in the cart.

let me say.................... The quickfish III is IMHO better than both generations of Ice Cube 4 man tents ive owned. 4 windows, not 2. @ vents, not 1. the material is heavier, seems more durable. The seams look better. and its a cool red color, giving passing fisherman in thier vehicles a taget to run you down:evilgrin:

I dont knwo what the Ice Cubes look like yet for this year, but i heard they upgraded a tad.

and............. you cant even notice the difference between standing in a Quickfish III 3 man tent or a Ice Cube 4 man tent for size...... i guess the place where the Ice Cube 4 man is built has a community of really small people. you can fit 3 adults for sure with a bunch of gear or a cozy fit of 4 people with a rod and some gear id say

Never mind watch out for the pumpkins , I yell KOOL AID.

Alberta Bigbore
12-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Never mind watch out for the cans of Browneye , I yell Kenyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!.

12-13-2008, 12:15 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

rugatika
12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I was at the SW costco this morning and they had at least 20 tents left and a good 30 or so augers out on the floor. After reading the reviews here I think I'll head down tomorrow and pick up a tent. Red.

I was thinking of building a wood ends with tarp home-built model, but for 244 bucks that Eskimo is pretty hard to beat if it's a quality unit.

slingshotz
12-14-2008, 06:04 PM
The SW Costco in Calgary? I was planning to check them out in the NW Costco but in the midst of shopping forgot. Anyone seen them in the NE Calgary Costco?

Alberta Bigbore
12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
The SW Costco in Calgary? I was planning to check them out in the NW Costco but in the midst of shopping forgot. Anyone seen them in the NE Calgary Costco?

if they dont got any where you live, drop me funds when you meet me for cash exchange on the tip ups this week, and i can snag one of those tents for you and bring it down to calgary while im working. My truck and rig is parked 4 minutes from the sh pk costco

FisherPotch
12-14-2008, 07:25 PM
if they dont got any where you live, drop me funds when you meet me for cash exchange on the tip ups this week, and i can snag one of those tents for you and bring it down to calgary while im working. My truck and rig is parked 4 minutes from the sh pk costco

SWEET!! Now I know where to go to get me a truck and rig next time I go to Costco ;)

kostianych
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
so, does it worth to get the Eskimo tent????

Alberta Bigbore
12-18-2008, 07:27 AM
SWEET!! Now I know where to go to get me a truck and rig next time I go to Costco ;)

yeah....and under a powered gate, and night vision video recording on every inch of the yard. the system is so good, the boss can watch them from his home...and count your nose hairs.

Thompson8919
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I was just at the costco in Sherwood Park and they have 25 of the tents left. The price on the tents are 179.99, I think it is a sale for the week.

Thompson8919
12-08-2009, 04:10 PM
They are 179.99 right now at the Sherwood Park costco.

fishunter77
12-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I purchased the Costco auger last year. It was a floor model and I got $60.00 off. The auger worked great. Started up every time and drilled a ton of holes. No problems. They come with a great warranty.