PDA

View Full Version : Would this be legal in Alberta?

waterninja
12-14-2014, 03:12 PM
So my brother say's the boat is all ready for a fishing trip if I decide to go to Vancouver during Christmas holidays. I have allways been a little confused with the reg. on using lights while fishing at night, and I wonder if this set up would be legal in AB? Sure would be a lot of fun though.
Think a C.O. would have to be a real grinch to give you grief.

ADH
12-14-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't think the CO's would say much... maybe RCMP on the other hand... If its docked who cares.

Habfan
12-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Lights on a boat are legal regardless of how many you have !! You just can't direct them into the water.

huntsfurfish
12-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Lights on a boat are legal regardless of how many you have !! You just can't direct them into the water.

However if the vessel is underway, the nav lights must be able to clearly be seen.

spinN'flyfish
12-14-2014, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't think they'd say anythin' but ''Happy holidays'' :)

Kim473
12-15-2014, 06:19 AM
However if the vessel is underway, the nav lights must be able to clearly be seen.

Who needs nav lights with that thing. You can see it for a mile or two away.

cube
12-15-2014, 09:00 AM
So my brother say's the boat is all ready for a fishing trip if I decide to go to Vancouver during Christmas holidays. I have allways been a little confused with the reg. on using lights while fishing at night, and I wonder if this set up would be legal in AB? Sure would be a lot of fun though.
Think a C.O. would have to be a real grinch to give you grief.

As long as you are not directing it into the water in such a way as to attract fish you would be good to go. This of course is all about the CO's interpretation.

Jamie Black R/T
12-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Who needs nav lights with that thing. You can see it for a mile or two away.

but can you tell the bow from the stern?

huntsfurfish
12-15-2014, 10:20 AM
but can you tell the bow from the stern?

Thanks Jamie!