PDA

View Full Version : eskimo 949i tent...poles seem too long

sallanh
12-14-2014, 08:17 PM
anyone else find that the poles on the sides and roof seem too long and are bowed funny and it makes the zippers hard to use ..not to mention it puts alot of preesure at the points and looks like it wants to pop through..
thanks for your input
scott

huntsfurfish
12-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Have heard others say that is fairly common when new. Material stretches out after a few uses and all is ok.

Jamie Black R/T
12-14-2014, 09:03 PM
They stretch and get a bit easier. ..zippers are a PIA forever far as I can tell.

EZM
12-14-2014, 09:43 PM
My 949i, which now belongs to Geezle, had the exact same thing when it was new. The poles were even kinda "S" shaped it was so tight.

It got better after the first few trips ....... Geezle can give you the "long term test drive" results.

Nothing to worry about IMO. Eskimo make the best quality tents.

Teamprotz
12-15-2014, 05:20 AM
Mine did the same thing set up in the living room , except the zipper popped. Second still looks funny but zipper is holding

Kim473
12-15-2014, 05:42 AM
Just a tip for your zippers, spray a drying typ of silicon spray on them. I use Jig-a-loo , orange can, on all things and it works great. Sliding windows, drawers, door hinges etc...

kcward
12-15-2014, 07:45 AM
anyone else find that the poles on the sides and roof seem too long and are bowed funny and it makes the zippers hard to use ..not to mention it puts alot of preesure at the points and looks like it wants to pop through..
thanks for your input
scott

I bought one last year and it was the same way. I emailed eskimo and they sent me a full set of poles that were about an inch shorter. I noticed that wholesale has one set up in their store and they are not bowed like that. I guess I could have just cut mine, but now I have an extra set! I had used it serveral times hoping it would stretch, but they were always bowed, has been fine since I got the replacement poles.

sallanh
12-15-2014, 07:31 PM
hey guys thanks for the info...ill use it a few more times then and see if it stretches out..if not ill email eskimo i guess..and im gonna get some spray for the zippers and see if that helps