PDA

View Full Version : Ice conditions around Medicine Hat

madatter
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Was a little bored yesterday so I wandered out to Rattlesnake to see how it looked.
No open water anywhere that I could see.
Drilled a few holes and ice was a good 4" to 5".
Lots a cracking going on so I did not wander too far but fished for 3 hours,over 20 hits,8 fish and 2 keepers(pike that is).
Ice is probably going to take a beating the next few days though as temps are pretty high.
Anybody else been out anywhere around the Hat to ckeck ice thickness??

flatblack
12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
was out by bullshead and michelle, michelle had people on it, bullshead didnt for some reason. was thinking about going and getting a little stick myself and freeze my buns off :D

SouthAltaHunter
12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Bullshead is closed from November 1 - March 31

flatblack
12-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Bullshead is closed from November 1 - March 31

ahhh that would be why then :lol::lol:

rednek
12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I was at rattlesnake on sunday looked like about 3-4'' but i was just going by cracks in ice, could have been thicker, will be out there next days off.

Tabers Best
12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I was at a lake near Taber today and one of my FFD goose decoys caught a wind and slid 250 meters across the lake (standing up thankfully). Being that Fully Flocked full bodies are expensive I had no choice but to retrieve. Made it home even ,so I guess that it must be a couple inches.. I think that lakes now could be walkable but would take the auger out first to do some test holes just to be safe, as well different lakes and even different areas of lakes can vary in thickness and quality. Were your spikes to pull you out just in case.