PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia Veritas ice fishing rod

Battery
12-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Any reviews on this rod?. Saw it at Bass Pro the other day and it looks pretty sweet. I am in the market for a new ice rod for mainly just trout and perch. It feels fairly soft, never really felt one with that much bend before. Any feedback is appreciated.

wellpastcold
12-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Any reviews on this rod?. Saw it at Bass Pro the other day and it looks pretty sweet. I am in the market for a new ice rod for mainly just trout and perch. It feels fairly soft, never really felt one with that much bend before. Any feedback is appreciated.

I have a couple of them. They work nicely for perch. Never fish for trout so I can't really say.

EZM
12-16-2014, 09:38 AM
I have one for my back-up and guest fisherman rods ...... I use it every once in a while .... no complaints ....... works as designed.

Geezle
12-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Should be fine as long as they're not like the open water Veritas rods, which had a tendency to break near the tip :o

Djm2u
12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
I have one they are excellent. They come in different flavors. I have the Med/heavy that is good for walleye. The light version is not good for larger fish. They all look the same in the store you have to read the rod to see what one your getting.

I found this out by grabbing an ultra light the first time. Took it back and got the Med/heavy. Same price just more backbone.

binnzer32
12-16-2014, 01:32 PM
I got to light action put everything on the ice with them even 10 to 12lb burbs and 15 lb pike

Snazyevey
12-17-2014, 06:27 PM
I have one that is a medium/light and used it for everything. Pike/walleye/rainbows. Worked great for me. Also makes it more fun catching some larger fish with a lighter rod.

Battery
12-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Picked up an ultra light yesterday as thats all they had left. Will be my dedicated perch rod. The reel feels amazing for an ice rod!

curtis_rak
12-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I can echo Geezles sentiment about the Veritas and broken tips... I love the rods and have two 7-footers for summertime, but I have had to warranty one for a broken tip...