PDA

View Full Version : Marmish system

bunnyhunter
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
anyone have much luck with this??

I bought one last year, never really got it to work. seems like a great idea....maybe I am doing it wrong?

Jenn

bobalong
12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I think you will find sort of love/hate opinion on the Marmish rod. I am personally not a fan, IMO you can do the same with any rod/reel combo and a spring bobber. More of a toy than a tool.

g1987man
12-10-2008, 10:52 PM
It's really good for small fish(perch) light and sensitive... on the other side... its hard to use at the depth over 10ft because line tangles up...

i use it every time i go to cow lake

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
I like it but dislike it.It definitely has its place. I personally prefer a regular ice rod with a spring bobber.

chuck0039
12-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh man I just went out and bought it. I rigged it with 6lbs fireline. now after reading this thread i'm wandering if I just wasted my money. THANKS EVERYONE would have been nice to know about 3 days ago haha:cry::cry:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh man I just went out and bought it. I rigged it with 6lbs fireline. now after reading this thread i'm wandering if I just wasted my money. THANKS EVERYONE would have been nice to know about 3 days ago haha:cry::cry:

There wicked for perch and trout , but I simply prefer the regular ice rod with a spring bobber , makes it much more versatile , for more then pan fish.

lonehunter
12-11-2008, 04:37 AM
How much would that rod cost?

Don Meredith
12-11-2008, 06:13 AM
I've used it successfully on whitefish and trout. I like the way it detects small nibbles that whitefish often make, and with a little experience, you soon realize when to set the hook. I use it a lot.

Alberta Bigbore
12-11-2008, 07:17 AM

I will buy it from you for $5 less than the advertized price.

I own 4 of them. I love em. you can rig it to make it sensitive enough that it will detect whitefish inhaling a wire worm .....without sight fishing.

set the hook by pulling it straight up with the tip pointed down and use a simple and quick hand over hand retrieve just like with a tip up. Great for shallow water ro out to 20 feet. just hand over hand to avoid tangles.

I dont use any other rod for whitefish. And i know of 5 other people who do the same.

chuck0039
12-11-2008, 08:20 AM
I am looking forward to trying it at New years, if i like it well great if not well then it will go in the drawer or on the buy sell. haha I guess that was a poor try at sarcasm. I did buy it to target Perch, and try my hand at Whites.

What's the purpose of the O-ring?

Alberta Bigbore
12-11-2008, 08:41 AM
What's the purpose of the O-ring?

thread your line through it

here....read this....... https://www.marmish.ca/fishing_rod.html

bunnyhunter
12-11-2008, 10:48 AM
thanks guys
well I'll give it a whirl again....I have a lot more hours to fish this winter ! something to do while I wait for my Tip up strike.

Rockymtnx
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I love them! I bought one early in the season last year and ended up buying three more.

In my opinion they are one of the best things for fishing perch and whitefish.
You can feel or see the smallest nibble or bump of the hook.

On the same note they aren't the best rod for pike or walleye.