PDA

View Full Version : The addiction...

Bassett
12-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Anyone else go into a store for one thing, buy everything you like and walk out forgetting what you originally went in for?

I started the season with one trusty ice rod and now have 8...

Just put in my order for 10 cicadas at cabelas.. Was cheaper to order an pay shipping from USA then to get them locally.. And I got the smaller sizes I needed.

Too many items catch the fishermen more than the fish and I love it.

Just bought an extension for my auger as well..

It's a love hate relationship with the wallet I think.

Tight lines everyone!

FreshAirGetter
12-18-2014, 01:46 PM
My room looks like a tackle shop. I'm broke as heck, but if I go into a store and see something I can't help myself but buy it. Is there an Angleritis support group? I'm going to have to sell my house soon...

Fishslayer99
12-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Yea you can sign me up for the support group if you find one. I had to buy a Quonset for my backyard because there is no more room in the garage. It has gotten so bad that I intentionally leave my wallet in my truck when I go into any fishing/hunting store. I really pray my wife does not make me choose between her and my angleritis.

She might kick me out, and I would have to live in my ice fishing shack...with my heater...and my fishing camera...and some beer.......wait a minute, :thinking-006:I think I have an idea!!!!!

Cancel that support group

Bassett
12-18-2014, 03:15 PM
She might kick me out, and I would have to live in my ice fishing shack...with my heater...and my fishing camera...and some beer.......wait a minute, :thinking-006:I think I have an idea!!!!!

Cancel that support group

I'm liking the way you think! I could tough it on the ice for a while Aslong as my little
Buddy can keep up with the heat. Oh wait I have two other heaters as well.....

bloopbloob
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I easily have over $10,000 in just hooks. I primarily buy Rapalas, maybe only use about 20 or 30 of the 200+ I have, during the entire season.... "My go-to hooks". Half have probably never seen the water. Yet I still buy! :) Last trip to Cabelas a few weeks ago, they got me for another $570, when I just went there to return an item.

Edit: My worst has to be buying multiples of the same hook, in case they discontinue it like they often do ( I've bought 6 identical lures, just in case before), or in 4 different colors... just in case one color is hot some day!

huntsfurfish
12-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Ok I will admit it,

Im a tackle junky.

There I said it!

+ the older I get the more I forget so yes to your first question too.

FreshAirGetter
12-18-2014, 04:42 PM
The worst is when I was introduced to ebay/kijiji. All of a sudden I was getting packages from Hong Kong weekly...lol. If I didn't work so close to The Fishin Hole I'd save a lot of money too...it's almost cheaper for me to quit!

barbless
12-18-2014, 05:16 PM
I think I'm worse than the kid with a sweet tooth in the candy store. That's what the sports stores are to me, can't just buy one thing, gotta have one of every thing.

Bassett
12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Just installed my auger extension 12". It was a pain in my behind to get the auger off the motor head. So I needed to make sure the extension would fit and once it fit I didn't want
To fight it to get off.

My auger now sits at chin level and will for the rest of it's life.

I didn't even need an extension.. It was one of those "but what ifs..."

Alberta Bigbore
12-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Im.going to Cabelas tonight.. the missus is going with me to control my urges to buy lol

Bassett
12-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Im.going to Cabelas tonight.. the missus is going with me to control my urges to buy lol

Poor fella ! Never allowed to be let loose with his own wallet.

spoons
12-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Know the feeling. Tried the slender spoons and last year I ordered 24 packs . Should be good for a long time I hope.

npauls
12-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I bought 2 new rods. 5 new reels loaded with line. A 2 man clam flip over and just ordered 12 new jiggin and rippin raps.

I also have my eye on a new gps/sonar ice fishing combo but may have to wait and sell some gear before i get one.

I already have 3 other huts. Plenty of hooks. 2 flashers. And close to 2 dozen ice combos but i always feel the need for more stuff.

Angleritis is a sick nasty disease.

FishAb
12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
i feel you guys , i walk in for 1 hook , and go out with a couple rods, dozens of hooks , You get the point lol

My wallet is hurting

EZM
12-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Sorry to chime in so late on this post .......... I was at Wholesale, then over at Cabela's afterward and just finished unloading all my new stuff .......... so what's this thread about?

Rabdo
12-18-2014, 11:06 PM
lol I also have the addiction

Double-Eh
12-18-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm getting a jaw jacker for Christmas. I know this already.

I nearly bought one today simply because I'm going fishing tomorrow.

Also. I bought 17 hooks today. Almost all of them doubles or triples of hooks I already have.

Adwittoutdoors
12-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Thanks fellas I feel much better and way less guilty about my over stocked tackle boxes. :)

honker_clonker
12-19-2014, 08:13 AM
You just have to remember that fishing rods are like golf clubs... You could play a round with just a putter but what fun would that be?

gnugen
12-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Who wants more tackle?! I got loads for sale. Spoons, spinners, ice jigs my house is like a tackle shop! Link below...

Alberta Bigbore
12-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Poor fella ! Never allowed to be let loose with his own wallet.

Well after spending over $3000 on my bow this year and already $1500 on icefishing.. shes tightening the knot a bit lol

Bassett
12-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Well after spending over $3000 on my bow this year and already $1500 on icefishing.. shes tightening the knot a bit lol

I have the same addiction with quads.... Over 8000 last summer alone and I'm buying a new one here in a few weeks.... Not to mention my new bow as well hahaha

ETOWNCANUCK
12-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah I got it bad too

niwrek
12-19-2014, 08:48 PM
I have 3 fishfinders, LX9, Vexlar Flasher, Marcum showdown. 3 cameras. vexlar, and Marcum. 3 Ice augers, 8 rods a bazzilion dollars in tackle 3 sleds,2 tents.... and I still want more stuff unbelievable.... I guess its better then drugs