PDA

View Full Version : East or West is one better than the other?

Fishslayer99
12-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Whats your take on this one, do you have better luck on the East side of a lake or the West side, or does it matter at all?

I personally seem to have better luck on the West side of lakes. I attribute it to the first side of the lake to get the morning sun, yet being from Calgary area the wind is generally howling out of the West.

I have heard you should fish the side of the lake where the waves are pounding against due to the wind and waves pushing the baitfish/other types of bait against that side, this is usually the East side around here?

Yet even ice fishing I find myself sticking to the West side most of the time, maybe I am superstitious and the sun or side of the lake has nothing to do with it...or maybe there is a reason?

what do you think?:thinking-006:

huntsfurfish
12-18-2014, 04:35 PM
west side because of prevailing winds around here. But can be also South shore or North shore.

Talking moose
12-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Fish whatever side of the lake that the wind is blowing to. All the "crap" will be blown there. The minnows and baitfish will be feeding on it. The big fish will be feeding in them....

kevinhits
12-18-2014, 05:39 PM
prefer North west side....for some reason...But took the boat to the east side at CVR and had some good luck but never got to the west side that day...So don't know...But Ice Fishing....Straight to the West side..lol

bloopbloob
12-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Never thought about it as far as NSEW, but now that I do, it's almost always the west side of a lake that I find the best fishing.