PDA

View Full Version : PK spoons rock, but what about slender spoons

Kokaneeranger
12-19-2014, 07:21 AM
i hope this is the right forum so here goes......(clear throat). My name is Kokaneeranger and I am a tackle junkie. Lol. Whew, that felt good. I'm not saying the PK flutter spoon is a sure thing but for walleyes it's my goto lure, the same lure in a smaller size also slays the trout in my area. I've purchased and tried tons of popular Wally lures, jigs and baits and have finally settled on the PK,......but, I can't ignore the success and great reviews garnered by the slender spoons. I fish the flutter spoon mostly without bait but sometimes I tip it with a minnow head and have great results. I've purchased a few slender spoons for the season but haven't tried them yet, I am fishing for any tips you guys might have on how to use them, colors, sizes etc. it's probably a no brainier and pretty obvious to you avid Wally hunters but for what it's worth here are my favorite most productive Wally lures

1. PK flutter fish, gold or red dot glow
2. Lindy Rattlin' flyer
3. Cicada
4. Blue fox MorSilda

Hoping to add the slender spoon as well

gnugen
12-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Happy to send you a pack of the spoons I make for ice jigging. See photos in the link below. It won't cure your addiction, just feed it. PM me.

rafhone
12-19-2014, 08:39 AM
I've been fishing pk flutter fish for a few years and love'em. I only have one slender spoon and it seams to give compareable results.

Alberta Bigbore
12-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Love the PK spoons!!!!

Ive been doing good on the Perch Talkers and 360 Jigs as well. Dont forget to have some Hali chain droppers in ur box!

Mike_W
12-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Love the PK spoons!!!!

Ive been doing good on the Perch Talkers and 360 Jigs as well. Dont forget to have some Hali chain droppers in ur box!

He's talking for walleye brah.

Anyway I have purchased a few PKs to try but my go to is gold green slender or silver red.

I like the glow PK flutter...... now just to see if it works!!

ETOWNCANUCK
12-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Great now you're fuelling my addiction
Just added that lure to my must have list for the upcoming season

Alberta Bigbore
12-19-2014, 10:04 AM
He's talking for walleye brah.

Anyway I have purchased a few PKs to try but my go to is gold green slender or silver red.

I like the glow PK flutter...... now just to see if it works!!

You mad bruh? Lol

EZM
12-19-2014, 01:52 PM
PK Predator ........ another good one to put in the winter tackle box ....

http://www.pklures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=54

rafhone
12-19-2014, 06:02 PM
PK Predator ........ another good one to put in the winter tackle box ....

http://www.pklures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=54

X2 - when I first bought some I was a little disapointed how the blade dosent revolve around the spoon like a spinner. It was in the tackle box for about a year before I tried it and boy did it produce. They are my favorite small spoons now.

Brandonkop
12-19-2014, 07:09 PM
I bought a PK lure and a Slender spoon last year. I now have about 30 different Slender spoons... and only on PK. Didn't have much luck with it.

Which PK lures should I buy to try. I think they are more expensive than slender spoons. Slender spoons are one of the cheapest lures, best bang for your buck kinda deal.

The trick with slender spoon is the get it to flutter on a horizontal plain from the top to the bottom of the water column. It is so effective I see the fish come racing off the bottom 5 or more feet on the Marcum to grab it.

I know PKs are effective I've watched the vids just didn't have luck with the one I bought.

honker_clonker
12-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Trying both this year too. And to kinda answer your question Brandon I would try the 1/4 or 3/8 oz flutter fish or pk spoon in red dot glow or gold. I ordered some from Pokeys Tackle in Regina and the guy fishes with one of the western distributors of the spoon. He said the red dot glow color was probably the most effective color out they are using right now. There was a 14.5lb walleye caught in last mountain lake caught on a 3/8 oz red dot glow pk spoon last winter I believe. There are vids on youtube