PDA

View Full Version : Spinner

slingshot
12-20-2014, 07:46 AM
I am looking for a bottom bouncer spinner kit that I can make my own.Anyone seen any in Alberta anywhere they used to come with different colors of blades beads,clevises. I would like something in at least the hungred count.

Bigmountainrider
12-20-2014, 08:41 AM
I saw starter versions at Whole sale yesterday.

bobalong
12-20-2014, 07:49 PM
The kits I have seen in the past often have the "closed" style clevis with them. I have been tying my own spinner rigs for years and prefer the (quick change) clip on style, as you can change color, size, shape etc, without having to retie.

I find TFH to have a good supply of spinner rig components, but have not checked WSS for quite a while.

Be sure to pick up some smiley blades when you are tying. They will spin at about .3mph which works well, if your partner wants to lindy rig at the same time. Also tie some with spin-n-glows, another good slow presentation, and they ride a bit higher, which is the ticket sometimes.

I like to buy my components separately as the kits wont often have the size and shape of blades I want, nor do they usually have spin-n-glows, smiley or other styles of blades I like. Quite often the hooks can be on the cheap side, and not the sizes I prefer to use. Rigs are pretty cheap to build, and IMO its worth a few cents more per rig to buy a bit better quality hook.

Richmuiz
12-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Check out lure making dot com

viral_override
12-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Here is the dumb thing. You can buy the spinner kits and part but not the wire...gr

jwloco
12-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Cabela's has a 1,013-Piece Spinner Making Kit was about 40 bucks if not mistaken

EZM
12-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Here is the dumb thing. You can buy the spinner kits and part but not the wire...gr

Hobby Shop ......... piano wire ..... very inexpensive, comes in straight lengths, easy to shape and strong.

bobalong
12-22-2014, 11:11 PM

I think the OP was asking about spinner rigs, not spinnerbaits.:)