PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo fatfish 9416i ??

simmered
12-20-2014, 11:48 AM
So my wife picked up one of these tents today for me. She was told that eskimo wasn't making anymore of these tents. Does anyone know why?

azn_rice_man
12-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Didn't these just come out for this season?

simmered
12-20-2014, 12:51 PM
yeah that's what surprises me about it. They are brand new and now they are stopping production. Just trying to figure out why?

tonypower
12-20-2014, 02:44 PM
I bought the non-insulated one last year and love it. When I bought I was wondering about an insulated version. The guy at wws said that they would be too expensive to produce that's why there wasn't an insulated one. When I seen this tent this year, I was at little upset.

HuyFishin
12-20-2014, 03:50 PM
i waited so long for them to release the insulated version, now they want to discontinue ?!?!? damnit!

dcampbster
12-20-2014, 10:07 PM
I got an insulated eskimo 3i last year,great for two people small heater keeps chill out easy up easy down weird thing is it came from Peavey mart and they have some this year as well.

EZM
12-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Easy everybody ......... it's likely that some kid clerk in the store, or some smart guy want to be, told your wife this fantastic fairytale. He left out the part about the unicorns.

Almost every single time I'm in one of those big box stores I hear some jockey giving some unsuspecting customer bad advice, completely erroneous information or they are are trying to lie to me .......

I wouldn't even blink ..... I very much doubt they would release a new product, which seems to be very popular, only to immediately discontinue it after going through the process of design and engineering, tooling up, starting production, buying inventory, carrying inventory and distributing it to retailers. That is a formula for bankruptcy and I'm sure they are not that stupid.

Joe story time however, who told the OP's wife this, still lives in the basement.

Logically ......They offered the large size tent for one reason, to offer a large tent platform that is insulated ...... that would make it a very popular product in my mind as it is unique to that size and configuration.

To add another "reality" ..... why would anyone with half a brain not want to see what the consumer reaction is to the product? What if it's the best selling product they have ???? they would not bother to wait and see ???? ..... does that even make any sense to anyone???? there is no way they are that stupid.

Maybe the clerk who told the OP's wife this has mannequins in his basement as his only friends. They are probably posed with plastic champagne glasses and he's at home right now having a party. The dude is wearing a wig !!!

I would be more than surprised and perhaps even crestfallen to see this product discontinued.

simmered
12-21-2014, 07:55 AM
Got more history last night. Turns out these things sold out like hot cakes and now he (store owner) just can't get anymore. More than likely a production issue, stock sold out quickly or something. I've fished in an insulated fatfish last year and I sure am excited to try this out.
For you guys that have the same style tent, what do you do for the floor? I used to use those foam 2'X2' tiles. But it seems I'll need quite a few for that tent.

Willowtrail
12-21-2014, 10:31 AM
When we stay overnight we take 4x8 sheets of osb. Keeps them dry and warm. Can either drill holes in them, cut off a foot or hang them out of your tent a foot.

EZM
12-21-2014, 07:55 PM
I purchased roll up rubber mats from princess auto - rolls up nice a tight and keeps the floor from getting too slippery and does insulate a bit to keep the toes warmer.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/heavy-duty-rubber-roll-mat/A-p8397325e

I have a big Clam tent - about 11' x 11' and I run 2 rolls each about 4 feet by 12 feet or so and leave a gap in the middle for drilling my holes ..... works great

The mats take up virtually no space when rolled and don't blow away in the wind ...lol

simmered
12-29-2014, 09:18 PM
I've used this tent now a few times and it sure is nice all set up.
So far my only pet peace is how it folds up. After a day of fishing, I am unable to get it back into its bag until I set it up in my garage and thaw it out. And even then it's a tough squeeze. Does anybody have any advice with these insulated tents.
Thanks

harrydude
12-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Bungy cords

tonypower
12-30-2014, 09:13 AM
I think mine came with Velcro straps. I can't remember. I stand it up so the feet are in the air and put the bag on the feet, then I lay it down on the ice and basically bear hug the tent together and zip it up little by little. But mine is not insulated.

dragon
12-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Anyone set one of these up in a windstorm?

I've set up my non insulated one in a fair wind and it was exciting.... not sure if the extra weight would be a positive or a negative....

simmered
12-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah I've done the bear hug deal as well. Lol. Seems the insulated fabric doesn't pack down frozen very well.
As far as the wind. I haven't set it up by myself as I use a smaller tent when just me and the pup go. I would imagine two people would be best in the wind.