PDA

View Full Version : Slow day on Lac La Nonne.

degasvegas
12-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Got out there at 8am this morning. Not a soul to be found. Walked out to a nice drop off and fished in about 30 ft of water.

I was marking fish all day on the Marcum. No matter what I put in the water I had something coming to inspect it. But it was brutal trying to get anything to bite. I must have switched between 7-8 different hooks and different baits.

Finally I got 2 walleye to take the bait and 3 slough sharks.

I was trying to target perch and whites, but not today I guess.

Ice is sitting around 8-10". Not much snow cover, very slippery. Only 2 other tents on the ice with me today.

Tight lines everyone.

GregT
12-21-2014, 07:47 PM
I was out fri and sat evening. Slow for me as well.

nsaskpirate
12-23-2014, 02:15 PM
I was out on saturday, 5 pike and a few missed bites. No perch when I was trying for them. Spoke to a local and he had done pretty well with 5 nice ones in his pail. Fishing the same general area....Guess I dont have the technique :(

Kim473
12-23-2014, 02:50 PM
I was out on saturday, 5 pike and a few missed bites. No perch when I was trying for them. Spoke to a local and he had done pretty well with 5 nice ones in his pail. Fishing the same general area....Guess I dont have the technique :(

Its how you wiggle your worm. Thats what the wife tells me.

embury93
12-24-2014, 01:14 AM
I've been out countless times this month and its been non-stop action, lots of pike with the odd walleye or perch and good sized as well.

simpatico
12-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Guys, just wondering what the ice conditions are like. I'm thinking on bringing the family out for the day Saturday.

Thanks
Tony

embury93
12-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Guys, just wondering what the ice conditions are like. I'm thinking on bringing the family out for the day Saturday.

Thanks
Tony
There was over a foot of ice out by where I was fishing, not much snow on top and there isn't any more of that nasty flood ice. Lots of skidoos/atv's on the ice, as for vehicle's haven't seen any till today, saw a Ranger out on the ice.

BIGCU
12-26-2014, 10:55 PM
hey guys, can any of you tell me where is an easy access to this lake?

never been there before.

TIA

stubblejumper01
12-28-2014, 03:41 PM
You can access south of Connie Mae's store. Just head west on sec 651 from Legal through Busby and Dunstable. The road makes a right towards Hwy 33. The store is on the left, just follow the road south to the old boat launch.
You will see some shacks to the west there is a good drop off there.
To the south there are a couple of islands with good structure. Saw a couple nice perch and a big whitefish on camera but couldn't catch one. Lots of pike around and some fat walleye too.

Stryker2
12-29-2014, 10:36 AM

Hi Pirate.. What general area would that be?? As my better half and I are thinking of going out there tomorrow to try for some perch. I've been there lots last summer trolling for walleye but never fished for perch. :thinking-006:

Stryker2
12-31-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm going out tomorrow to start the new year at this lake! I've caught many walleye over the summer but hoping for some perch or at least a big jack!:)

7magtime
01-01-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm going out tomorrow to start the new year at this lake! I've caught many walleye over the summer but hoping for some perch or at least a big jack!:)

How was Lac La Nonne today?

Stryker2
01-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Got there at 10:30am. Lots of people set up tents. Would have taken pics but forgot my phone at home!:sHa_shakeshout: No sooner had I set my tent up I got a bite on a jig in 21 FOW. Darn thing came off half way up, I guess it took me by surprise and I didn't set the hook enough! Then got a couple more bites but no takers. I figured I was probably to deep maybe in a drop off as everyone else seemed to be about the same area...:thinking-006: But by the time I thought I should move the winds had come up and rain, so I stayed put.. Got a few bites on perch set up but again no takers. Was marking tons of fish on Marcum just fussy ones! Everyone else seemed to have the same luck as well. Only one fellow caught a jack on his branch tip up! LOL! Maybe that's the way to go, the fish don't like too much technology!

Nicerink
01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Hey guys long time lurker, first poster. Great info on here. Have been fishing La Nonne for a while. Had some family and friends out today, landed 12 or so pike, lost a couple at the hole, tip up with smelts was a hot one today. We saw pike perch and walleye on cam today. Last week saw LOTS of walleye and perch but the bite was not there. Also a hot spot from the summer was a wasteland last week.
Ice report was 9-10 " of black ice 4+of white ice, very little snow ( that will change tonight). Still trying to find what these perch are going to bite on.
All in all a great day if a bit windy.
Cheers, Happy New Year and I will help to contribute as I can.

7magtime
01-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Good to hear you guys got a bit of action, might have to do a trip there soon...

Stryker2
01-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Hey guys long time lurker, first poster. Great info on here. Have been fishing La Nonne for a while. Had some family and friends out today, landed 12 or so pike, lost a couple at the hole, tip up with smelts was a hot one today. We saw pike perch and walleye on cam today. Last week saw LOTS of walleye and perch but the bite was not there. Also a hot spot from the summer was a wasteland last week.
Ice report was 9-10 " of black ice 4+of white ice, very little snow ( that will change tonight). Still trying to find what these perch are going to bite on.
All in all a great day if a bit windy.
Cheers, Happy New Year and I will help to contribute as I can.

Hey Nicerink were you right out in front of the old boat launch as well? That's were I was.:thinking-006:

Nicerink
01-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Not us, we were on the south west shoreline. Quite a few people on at Connie Mae's and at the Majeau boat launch. Will be a few more weeks till I can get back out.
Cheers