PDA

View Full Version : Snipe?

Wild&Free
12-22-2014, 12:37 AM
What's the ice and lake conditions like? Probably going here with dad after Christmas.

RavYak
12-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Me and a buddy are thinking about heading up that way in the new year but know nothing about the lake. Ice conditions would be great to know and if anyone is willing to share any rough ideas of where to fish that would be great too, pm me if you don't want it public.

Rig_man
12-22-2014, 09:27 AM
I just got back yesterday the 21st and fishing is great. You can access the lake just past the water injection plant take the next left and this will put you on the lake. There were vehicles driving on the lake and I would say about 11 inches of ice. There is no snow so make sure you anchor down your tent.

I went up with my dad and we limited out in about 2 hrs. I actually had one on that spooled line off of the real a couple of times but I lost it in the hole I would say it would have ran 6 to 7 lbs.

Good luck to all and good fishing!!!

mudpie
01-07-2015, 05:23 PM
any news latley about ice condtions on snipe?
how the fishing is?
thanks

Stu321
01-08-2015, 11:06 AM
I heard the fishing is absolutely horrible must have winter killed recently. Also heard some new hot springs opened up in the lake and the ice is very very dangerous, I would recommend no one ever fish there ever...:thinking-006:

Kurt505
01-08-2015, 11:09 AM
I heard the fishing is absolutely horrible must have winter killed recently. Also heard some new hot springs opened up in the lake and the ice is very very dangerous, I would recommend no one ever fish there ever...:thinking-006:

:)

LCCFisherman
01-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Snipe is full of 3lb perch, 35lb pike and 10lb walleyes.. **** I'd move up there..

Stu321
01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
In all seriousness the White fish are very abundant but please take caution driving on the lake. I personally know someone that lost their truck there a couple years ago.

Wild&Free
01-09-2015, 12:18 AM
In all seriousness the White fish are very abundant but please take caution driving on the lake. I personally know someone that lost their truck there a couple years ago.

I never made it out myself but agree with this statement of care.

Last time I was out, took a friend of my dad's son out from the campsite. We followed the trail and setup in probably the wrong spot since we got skunked. 5" of clear ice 3-4 more of white ice. on the way back, right beside the trail was a 4x4' hole where someone fell through, Ice was 2" thick.

master-angler
01-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Snipe is an amazing fishery year round.. By far my favourite lake. Just gotta get away from the crowds and you will catch fish all day.. Been out there a few times caught limits of whites twice and released many.. Also caught many walleyes and pike and got a 13lb ling.. Haven't tried for perch yet but that's coming next week.

kcward
01-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Snipe is an amazing fishery year round.. By far my favourite lake. Just gotta get away from the crowds and you will catch fish all day.. Been out there a few times caught limits of whites twice and released many.. Also caught many walleyes and pike and got a 13lb ling.. Haven't tried for perch yet but that's coming next week.

Hi Master Angler,
Have you been out in the last week or so? I have only been out once this year on Dec 21 and got a couple of pike and Perch. Just wondering the conditions-if I need my sled or if I can drive on with the truck. I'm sure the snow has dropped quite a bit on the lakes.

thanks, Ken

master-angler
01-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Hi Master Angler,
Have you been out in the last week or so? I have only been out once this year on Dec 21 and got a couple of pike and Perch. Just wondering the conditions-if I need my sled or if I can drive on with the truck. I'm sure the snow has dropped quite a bit on the lakes.

thanks, Ken

I'm not usually one to drive on lakes I'll usually just take my quad but there has been people driving on it.. Where abouts you catching the perch at you can personal message me if you would like