PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to take a guy Burbot fishing?

Bigmountainrider
12-24-2014, 03:31 PM
I have all the required gear, and ice fish regularly. Wondering if someone was willing to take me out and show me how to be successful. I can fish in the evenings, as I hear night fishing for them may be more productive. Looking for a guide if you will, some one who has the know how and the species specific tackle. I can provide the rest. I'm in the Calgary area, PM me if your willing and have some time in the holiday season.

Thanks, BMR

drhu22
12-24-2014, 10:42 PM
You will probably get better results posting here...
Sticky: Looking for fishing partner, ride, company, etc.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384

Bigmountainrider
01-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Had some great offers so far, but no one as of yet has followed through. Looking to get out this weekend. Anyone willing to teach a poor sap how to fish for these things?

davegrant
01-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Pretty easy to fish they are in same areas as walleye as this is #1 food choice. Best is wait till march when spawn in shallow rocky/sandy bays (4 to 6 feet depth ) very aggressive. Yellow or Glow half ounce jig heads with large minnow and plunk the bottom while jigging to kick up sediment and they come for a look. Jig no more than foot off bottom. Mid winter they 20 to 30 feet deep on rock / sand drop offs. Cheers.

waterninja
01-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Pity you don't live in Edm. as I would be happy to take you to a good burbot lake, but quite honestly, burbot fishing is much more productive in March/April. Good-luck.

jts1
01-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Pm sent. I will get you out for Burbs.