PDA

View Full Version : found hut at grassy today

npauls
12-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Message me with where it was left on the lake and what brand and style of hut it is and i will get it back to you as soon as possible.

bwackwabbit
12-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Good on ya sir!

Here's hoping owner and hut are re-united.

Red Bullets
12-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Is it possible that the person that owns the hut decided to go to town or to pick up someone or something and was going to return? Was the fishing hole in the ice still open?

Not saying that you shouldn't have, just saying that there are many possibilites as to why it may have been left there.

Either way, somewhere out there is a hutless fisherman. Hope it works out.

npauls
12-24-2014, 11:19 PM
It wasnt on the ice and was all packed. I was there all day and there was no one else around that area at all.

I kind of think it was forgotten while loading all the gear from the looks of the situation.

npauls
12-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Owner has been found.

Arrangements are being made to meet up and get the hut back to him.

tight line
12-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Good on ya! Good to hear the owner was found!

bwackwabbit
12-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Well done!

npauls
12-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Turns out the hut sat there for 4 days before i found it.

Im glad i could help a fellow sportsman out.

Habfan
12-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Person didn't realize that the shack was forgotten or didn't bother to go back and get it ? Wow !!! Something ain't right there !

the pro
12-25-2014, 08:16 PM
how was the fishing?

Red Bullets
12-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Excellent outcome.

npauls
12-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Person didn't realize that the shack was forgotten or didn't bother to go back and get it ? Wow !!! Something ain't right there !

The owner thought it was in the back of his truck and headed to Calgary for the holidays. Parked his truck in the city and when he came out of where ever he realized his hut wasn't there and thought someone stole it.

He then was checking out the forum to see if there was any ice reports for a lake he was going to head to and noticed my thread on here about the hut and just Pm'd me to give a description of the hut and where his would have been left and sure enough it was his.

npauls
12-25-2014, 09:56 PM
how was the fishing?

Was pretty slow to begin with but once we figured out the depth and what they wanted it picked up and was pretty steady the rest of the day.

There was a few other groups around us but from the sounds of things they weren't getting any bites.

jackrabbit000
12-25-2014, 10:43 PM
The owner thought it was in the back of his truck and headed to Calgary for the holidays. Parked his truck in the city and when he came out of where ever he realized his hut wasn't there and thought someone stole it.

He then was checking out the forum to see if there was any ice reports for a lake he was going to head to and noticed my thread on here about the hut and just Pm'd me to give a description of the hut and where his would have been left and sure enough it was his.

Good for you npauls. Great to know that there are still honest guys like you around.

Mike_W
12-26-2014, 03:39 AM

Awesome, kudos pal