PDA

View Full Version : Coal Lake Conditions

DoubleCam
12-12-2008, 09:41 AM
How is the ice? if its 10 inches or so I think I may be driving on!! Being a southern boy and all that is plenty enough for me.
Any success? Trout are hittin hard...are the pike? Anyone find any Perch?
Drove by the lake today workin, but noone was on...

Rumtan
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
No trout in Coal lake as far as I know. Tons of "just under legal size" pike in there tho, perch are hard to find. Loads of brine shimp so the fish have a good food source. Walk on seems the safest bet right now till next weekend im guessing. Hope that helps somewhat?

sledhead
12-12-2008, 09:49 AM
i dont think there is any trout in there
i was there a few weeks ago
we were walking on it it was about
4 inches or so
should be more now

DoubleCam
12-12-2008, 09:51 AM
i dont think there is any trout in there
i was there a few weeks ago
we were walking on it it was about
4 inches or so
should be more now

oh no no no.. I mean in general other places trout are hitting hard.. curious about the pike and perch. There are lots of little pike but there are also some 10-20 lbers in there. Thats why I keep going back.. perch are scarse but there are some toads too...

Thanks guys. I think im going Sunday in that COOOLD weather after the good ol sunday service for a few hrs! :D

Rumtan
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
How did you make out fishing Coal?

DoubleCam
12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
How did you make out fishing Coal?

I havent gone yet... might go there after xmas...
buddys bailed on me this past weekend, wasnt impressed!
do you fish it often?

PM me about Ice Shanty.. more details if ya wouldnt mind

sledhead
12-16-2008, 08:02 AM
im thinking of going there soon too
was there about a month ago and was out walking on the ice
i go there all the time in the summer
only like half an hour from my house
catch lots of pike in there
only ever caught one perch it was like the size of my finger
i was laughing cause the hook was almost bigger then the fish

Rumtan
12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
We are heading out to the North end boat launch on Sunday meeting at 9:30-10:00 start. Anyone wishing to join us is welcome, I have an auger tent(new from costco) and i ll bring the quad to shuffle any gear out. Post if you want to come with us.

DoubleCam
12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
I think that just may work out. Ill see where the bro wants to go to sunday.. heading to maaybe Pigeon tommorow.
Ill let ya know

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
damn duplicate please erase.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-19-2008, 12:04 AM
:cry::cry::cry:Sorry no can do. I wont be there. Went to the Dr today as my arse is still very sore from falling on my tailbone. Had an x ray done , its not broken but deep bruise whatever that means. Ive been told to stay off my but for 7 to 10 days let it heal. So I'm sol , Id love to come out and freeze my nickers off with the rest of you fine folk. So instead ill lay on the couch watching hunting and fishing all day.Hope you guys do good, don't be shy post lots of pictures. I was tempted to put my couch on ski's and come fish while laying on my side but truck is getting fixed after deer attack.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Alberta Bigbore
12-19-2008, 08:29 AM
:cry::cry::cry:Sorry no can do. I wont be there. Went to the Dr today as my arse is still very sore from falling on my tailbone. Had an x ray done , its not broken but deep bruise whatever that means. Ive been told to stay off my but for 7 to 10 days let it heal. So I'm sol , Id love to come out and freeze my nickers off with the rest of you fine folk. So instead ill lay on the couch watching hunting and fishing all day.Hope you guys do good, don't be shy post lots of pictures. I was tempted to put my couch on ski's and come fish while laying on my side but truck is getting fixed after deer attack.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I thought you were just pussin' out from the cold!! LOL jks ;)

Yeah your truck took a whoopin', ill never forget that text message ....Just before legal light when i was with John and you were with Posse. "I hit a deer"