PDA

View Full Version : Shark fishing

Greasemonkey
12-26-2014, 10:07 PM
I've always wanted to catch a shark was wondering if any of you guys have fished for them specifically when in Mexico or the Tropical places we all travel

tight line
12-26-2014, 11:05 PM
My Buddy caught a 7ft Bull Shark of Cozumel using a Barracuda head and filleted body on a down rigger. You get a few Makos trolling in Cabo, and people even catch Lemon Sharks right off Shore with Cabosurfcaster Guiding. Blue Shark Fishing off Nova Scotia is another Option. Good Luck

Squidlips
12-27-2014, 02:15 AM
Fishing charters on Vancouver island offer great opportunities.

edmhunter
12-27-2014, 04:09 AM
My Buddy caught a 7ft Bull Shark of Cozumel using a Barracuda head and filleted body on a down rigger. You get a few Makos trolling in Cabo, and people even catch Lemon Sharks right off Shore with Cabosurfcaster Guiding. Blue Shark Fishing off Nova Scotia is another Option. Good Luck

Same here, have caught sharks and tarpon using fresh cut Barracuda in Key West, Florida, what a blast! :)

binnzer32
12-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Caught many self guided in the gulf of Mexico in sw Florida. You just need chum and live bait. Easy

cribfisher
12-27-2014, 09:02 AM
I go at least once a year to the Florida keys and spend most of the time shark fishing. The last trip I took my son and the day we went for sharks we caught 46 between the 2 of us on light tackle in 4 feet of water.

thumper
12-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Light tackle in the Florida Keys as well. Mostly nurse sharks under 4', but lots of fun. Any cut or live bait will work.

edmhunter
12-27-2014, 10:32 AM
I was told that nurse sharks are very tasty, did you eat any? I released the ones I caught because I like seeing them when I am scuba diving.

thumper
12-27-2014, 05:36 PM
No, I didn't keep any nurse sharks. Anything under 48 inches you have to release. But I've heard they're pretty tasty.
BTW, if you want to have fun with catch & release small sharks, invest in a 'fish-gripper' to retrieve your hooks without harming your hands - or the fish!

edmhunter
12-27-2014, 06:04 PM
No, I didn't keep any nurse sharks. Anything under 48 inches you have to release. But I've heard they're pretty tasty.
BTW, if you want to have fun with catch & release small sharks, invest in a 'fish-gripper' to retrieve your hooks without harming your hands - or the fish!

You heard that too eh? If I had of know they were tasty, I would have kept one lol. Can't wait to go again, I do love Key West!!!!!! :)

binnzer32
12-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Certain sharks are absolutely delicious. No. Bones. Black tips yummmm

I was told that nurse sharks are very tasty, did you eat any? I released the ones I caught because I like seeing them when I am scuba diving.