PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to the Reel Doctor!!

Hunter Trav
12-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Had to run up to the city just before Christmas to pick up a few things, and figured I should finally drop off some summer rods to get fixed up before I forgot again. Stopped in to drop them off at the Reel Doctor and I'm glad I did!! One rod had about 6" of tip broke off of it and he replaced it on warranty and I came home with a brand new rod to replace it. That rod also had a reel handle that had the nut stripped so it wouldn't tighten up properly and he got that all straightened out for me as well. The other rod needed a new tip guide and he got that switched for for me in no time. I fully expected to have to just leave them with him and pick them up at a later date but he did it all for me right there and saved me having to drive back. I think I was in there for maybe 20 minutes and then I was on my way!! I also got a smoking deal on a couple of small ice reels, basically 2 for the price of one anywhere else I've seen them. Having never been there before I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'll definitely go back if I ever need any rods fixed again. Thanks Trev!! :cool:

Mike_W
12-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Sounds great trav.

What Ice reels did you get and how much?

edmhunter
12-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Sounds great trav.

I love Reel Doctor! Those boyz RULE and I recommend them to everyone!

EZM
12-27-2014, 06:23 PM
I just threw up a little. Love sick.

He is the authorized service center for a few brands of products which is nice to have in the city instead of sending stuff away in the mail.

Hunter Trav
12-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Sounds great trav.

Nothing special, just a couple of Quantum Optix reels. I usually see them for about $30 anywhere else, and he gave me two for that price. Heck of a deal in my books, plus getting my rods fixed while I waited and saving me the hassle of having to come back to the city. Thats service worth mentioning IMO...:cool:

npauls
12-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Nothing special, just a couple of Quantum Optix reels. I usually see them for about $30 anywhere else, and he gave me two for that price. Heck of a deal in my books, plus getting my rods fixed while I waited and saving me the hassle of having to come back to the city. Thats service worth mentioning IMO...:cool:

Too bad it still wont help you catch fish hey Trav.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Hunter Trav
12-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Too bad it still wont help you catch fish hey Trav.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Yeah well...you can't have it all right...:lol:

npauls
12-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah well...you can't have it all right...:lol:

At least the fixed rods and new fancy reels will make you look like you know what you are doing.

Hunter Trav
12-27-2014, 09:28 PM
At least the fixed rods and new fancy reels will make you look like you know what you are doing.

Its all about the image you put out there...;)

The Fisherman Guy
12-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Great to hear Trev helped you out Trav, especially during the holidays.

Thumbs up for the Reel Doctor!